Chapter 3: Elite

I snuck off target practice out in the trees and to the dummy's to train on my own. I knew I had a good aim. I've had one since I was a child playing with a sling shot. I was one of the best shots there were according to the queen when she was training me back when I had first gotten here. I got to witness her skills, she was extraordinary. She never missed. She gave me a few pointers until I was almost as good as her.

I had thrown my shirt on the ground as I practiced hitting the dummy. I always felt restricted by clothes. At any opportunity I had to take them off, I did. I punched and kicked the dummy, trying new stances I had watched the older guards doing wondering if I would be able to learn them without a lesson. After a few minutes I could hear the giggling of passing maids. At times I did get an audience of young woman. I knew I was not all bad, at least my looks were decent.

Finishing my workout, I turned to leave only to find Cecelia at the door looking like she was frozen mid stride

Finishing my workout, I turned to leave only to find Cecelia at the door looking like she was frozen mid stride. Her full lips slightly ajar as her eyes ran down my torso then back up to meet my gaze. Her cheeks blushed furiously. I tried as best as I could not to laugh at her embarrassed state. I picked up my shirt off the ground before pulling it back on.

Cecelia walked over to me with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face. "Must you train without a shirt on? You already attract a crowd as it is."

She shot a dark look at the giggling girls in the corner who were still giving me lustful looks.

"My dear Cece, are you jealous?" I teased. "Do not worry, you can get my sweet body any time you want."

Her frown turned deeper before she slapped my arm earning a whole hearted laugh from me. "It's not funny! Those girls are attracted to your bad boy status. Their parents warn them to stay away from you but instead it only causes them to be more infatuated by you. They think they will be the ones to fix you, as if you are broken."

Oh I've heard of this. Girls thinking that if a man loved her he will leave his dark past and become good for her.

"And what do you think?" I asked Cecelia curiously.

She shook her head angrily. "There is nothing wrong with you to fix. I wish they could see that."

My heart beat just a little faster as a smile snuck its way on to my lips. "Really? Not even the way I cause mayhem wherever I go or the way I drive your father crazy?"

She shook her head at all my suggestions. "None of it. I like the way you are, I would never ask you to change."

That was why Cecelia was my favourite person in the world. Because she knew me, she saw all the bad and chose to stay. There was no one else in the world for me like my Cecelia.

"Good, but you know there are a few things we could change about you. For starters you need to stop being so kind! Maybe push a few people out of your way as you walk-- you know the whole crazy spoiled dictator act-- it should get the job done," I said casually which only earned a wonderful laugh from the princess.