🎓Chapter Four🎓

You came home a month earlier. Your parents were less... hurtful towards you. Only for the first few weeks because you got a 4.0. They told you that you had to learn how to play an instrument, but they actually let you pick what you wanted to play. You were confused as to why they were being unusually nice to you. You decided you wanted to play the piano. Soon after beginning your piano lessons was when you realized why they were acting strange; They wanted another reason to scold you since you had no trouble to maintain your 4.0, they had no real reason to be mad at you. But since you become the seeker for Slytherin, they would push you and train you for that as well. Apparently, that wasn't enough, so they made you master piano in only two months. Which was actually was fun, except when you hit the wrong keys. "Oh my-, y/n, focus on the damn keys you're pressing," your mother sighed. 

When you finally mastered piano, they now focused on training you on being a seeker. They made you train with the real-deal Quidditch 'superstars'. Surprisingly, they were impressed with your skills. Even your parents were a bit impressed, but they never openly admitted it. You trained for a month and you were already better than all of the alumni Quidditch players. Since you were too young to join their teams, you practiced piano and Quidditch at some times while studying for your second year at Hogwarts. You wouldn't be this good of your parents didn't discipline you the way that they did, you just wished they'd support you sometimes and be less aggressive with you. Everyone made mistakes, so why were you being treated as if you had to be nothing less than perfect?

 When you studied, you studied with your father. When you got an answer wrong, he would get angry and hit the table. You flinched every time he would. "You're so STUPID," he finally broke and cast a spell on you. "YOU'LL NEVER GET THROUGH YOUR FULL 8 YEARS AT HOGWARTS IF YOU DON'T STUDY ENOUGH!" he yelled. "Crucio!" he said. You felt pain surge through your body. You were so used to the pain, so it wasn't as bad as the first time that spell was cast on you. But, believe me, it still hurt like hell. "Crucio!" your father said again as he noticed that you weren't screaming in pain. You fell to the floor and squirmed as the pain was spreading through every part of your body. Your father took a deep breath. "Your mother and I are going out. Stay here," he said and walked out of the house. You were still screaming in pain. The veins in your neck were popping out as you tried to contain your screeches and grunts. They just left you there to hurt. 

The spell finally wore off about 30 minutes later. You slowly got up off of the floor and walked to your room. You stumbled over some steps as you tried walking up the stairs. You finally got to your desk and hit your hand on the table. Your owl stared at you with concern as it tilted its head. The owl's eyes reminded you of Draco's blue-grey eyes. You haven't owled him since the beginning of summer. You decided to write to him.

"Hey Draco, Sorry I haven't written in a while. How are you? I have been taking classes for piano and training to be a good seeker for this coming year. I got to train with the best of the best Quidditch players! It was pretty exciting for the most part. They even said I'm a pro now, so don't miss any of the games! I miss you. A lot. I'll see you in a week. 

Love, Y/n." 

You stamped a wax seal with a snake on it and let your owl out of its cage. You gave it a treat and pet it's head as it nuzzled your hand. "Give this to Draco, Aspen," you said to your owl, Aspen. It was a snowy owl with large grey-blue eyes. You didn't notice, but a tear had dropped on the letter and a small smear of blood from a cut on your finger from the pain you had experienced just a few minutes earlier. 

*One week later*

Today, you went back to Hogwarts. You got to see Harry, Ron, Hermione. You got to see Draco. Draco was so nice to you. Most would say it was unusual since his well-known aura and demeanor was cold and sarcastic. He treated you differently than he treated others. After you sent the letter a week earlier, he wrote back the next day.

"Dear Y/n, 

Sorry I haven't written in a while either. I'm sure you are great with the piano and Quidditch. What are you NOT good at, honestly. All jokes aside, I miss you too. I've been thinking about you all summer, actually. See you soon!

 Love, Draco."

You blushed when he said he had been thinking of you the whole summer. You were denying the possibility that you had feelings for Draco. He was your best friend! You had convinced that that is all that he was to you. Your best friend. Plus, you two were still pretty young, so even if you did have a crush, you thought it would go away eventually.

 "Y/n!" your mother yelled. You ran downstairs and dropped the last of your stuff by the door. "Yes, mother?" you turned to look at her. "What the HELL is this?" she said, pointing at a broken vase on the floor. "A broken vase.." you said. "DON'T YOU GET SMART WITH ME, YOUNG LADY! WHY DID YOU BREAK THIS WITHOUT EVEN CLEANING IT UP?!" your mother yelled. "But, I didn't break it." You looked at your dad as he smirked and looked back down at the Daily Prophet. "Ooh, y/n made it on the front page of the Daily Prophet. It's a picture of her and the famous Quidditch players that she trained with," your father said. "I don't CARE about that right now. SHE BROKE A VASE," your mother scowled. She raised her wand. You closed your eyes, already knowing what's coming. "I'm raising it up a notch," your mother said with a smirk. You clenched your fists as she cast the spell on you, three times now. "Crucio!" she said three times. Your father and mother carried your stuff to the car and waited for the spell to wear off. You arched your back in pain and tightly closed your eyes. 

The spell wore off and you slowly gathered your wand and put on the bracelet that Draco gave you and left the house. You had an expressionless face as you walked out of the house and into the car. You arrived at platform 9 3/4 and immediately went on the Hogwarts Express. You sat in an empty cart. You stared at the empty seat across from you, your eyes looking lifeless, some pain still lingering through your body. 

You were soon accompanied by none other than Draco Malfoy. You looked at him with a bored expression and looked back down at the floor. At first, he was confused. He expected a more exciting reaction from you, but he soon realized what happened. "Hey," he said, sitting across from you. "Hey," you said plainly. He didn't bother to ask how your summer was until you felt like yourself again. You laid your head in your hands and started to cry as the train started. He quickly saw this and pulled you into a hug. "Shhh, it's okay. I'm here now. You're away from them. It's okay," Draco said, trying to comfort you. You stayed in that position and soon stopped crying and sat back in your seat. You wiped your eyes and looked at Draco.

 "How was your summer?" you croaked. "It was boring. Didn't really do anything." He said, laying back in his seat, staring at you with delicate eyes. You noticed that he had gotten taller and his voice, deeper. You chuckled. "Someone hit puberty," you teased. "Someone has barely grown over an inch," you and him laughed. You couldn't get over his voice. It made him so... attractive. And, the smell of his cologne... Oh my god... What the hell am I thinking?! You shook that thought out of your head and reminded yourself. He was your best friend and nothing more. He probably liked someone else anyways, so you didn't bother even to have feelings for him. You and him talked the whole ride back to Hogwarts. 

The train stopped. "We're here"