Chapter [11]

Luna sat in her room.

Gaara tried to cheer her up, but it was no use.

It's like  some part of her vanished.

Never to be found again.

Or will it?

She had a gloomy aura that screamed, 'Don't talk to me, touch me, or do anythin' to me!' So, Gaara  did the exact opposite.

"Luna.." Gaara said, trying to light up the mood.

Luna sighed sadly, just as she did the  minute  before.

It's just no use.

Nothing can cheer Luna up now.

Gaara  pulled her onto his lap, "What's wrong?" He asked sincerely.

"I'm sorry..  Gaara-Kun.. I'm just so  shocked... I never expected Naruto to do that.. Of all people!" Luna hid her face in her hands as she said that.

Gaara said, "I know.. I was shocked too.."

Luna buried her head into his neck, "I'm gonna give up on myself soon, too. Just how Sakura did.  How Ino did. How Hinata did, then Naruto.. And like Kiba." Luna said in a dead tone, "I'm gonna let myself go.. Probably to kill myself." She said.

"What are you saying?!" Gaara rose his voice, his tone filled with worry. Luna started to cry, "I will if I have to!  What should I live for anyways? I'm an embarrassment. To Konoha and Suna." She whispered, "I'm sorry.."

Gaara hugged her tight, like it was the last thing that he had left, "No.. No! Stay with me.. Please! Don't leave  me again... Please don't do it... Live.. Live!" He said, trying to talk her out of it.

Luna looked at him with a smile as tears ran down  her face,  "I want to congratulate you all... You became Kazekage.. Everyone else is having the time of their lives. I'm here dying.." She said, "I really want to be there for you all... But I just cant!"

Gaara said, "No... You don't have to be there for everyone.. Don't force yourself." He said.

"No.. I have to be a good friend... I just have to... Even if no one is here for me! Even if you leave me! I have to be here! I want everyone to think I care about them! I want to support them!" Luna said, fresh salty tears running down her face like waterfalls, "I... I have to.." She smiled. Gaara's arms loosened from  around  her.

Luna slipped  to the ground and fell to her knees, covering her face  with her hands once again, "If I die.. I'll watch over everyone.. I will... I will be there for them.. I have to.." She said, her voice muffled by  her hands, "I have to.."