Fifteen~ Real life (part 2)

Nic's smile would not leave her face as she drove to Ian's. She had changed out of her bummy clothes, into something simple yet cute.

 She kinda hoped Ian would like it

She kinda hoped Ian would like it. Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime, she pulled into Ian's driveway. Taking a deep breath, she rang his doorbell. Two minutes later Ian opened the door shirtless, with a towel wrapped around his waist. Somehow, nic's voice got caught in her throat and she couldn't find any words to say. Even though she had seen him like this, it was different this time. It wasn't acting this time she was herself and he was himself. Nic didn't know how to feel. "Hello earth to Nicole!" Ian's voice called, breaking her from her thoughts. "Huh?" Nic was confused which made Ian chuckle. "I asked if you would like to come in. Oh and don't think I didn't catch you checking me out." He smirked causing nic's breath to hitch in her throat yet again. "Uh yea sure." She muttered to herself. "Sit, sit. Let me just put on some clothes and I'll be tight with you." Ian winked before heading off to change. Nic went over what she was gonna say to him again and again as if she was learning a new script. By this time all of her fears had basically disappeared and she was feeling a little bit more confident than she was before. A short time later, Ian had joined her on the couch and they were drinking wine and  making small talk. "So what is it that you wanted to tell me Nic?" Ian asked out of the blue catching Nicole by surprise. "Actually I think I'll wait till after you are done." She smiled at him. "Ok, so I've been doing some thinking and I think that I might want to ask Nikki to marry me." Ian said with excitement. It took Nic a solid three minutes to process the words that Ian had just said. She literally felt as if he had ripped her heart out of her chest. Her mouth had gone completely dry and she felt that if she even tried to speak that she would just burst into tears. Nic regretted not going first. "Nic, you ok?" Ian's eyebrows scrunched together as he looked at the brunette with deep concern. "Yeah I'm f-fine. I'm glad you're h-happy.." her voice broke as she tried to finish her sentence. Before Ian could even respond, Nic had gotten up from her spot on the couch and was headed for the door.  She was almost to her car when Ian grabbed her hand and pulled her back. "What's wrong Nic? I-I thought you of all people would've been happy for me. What's going on with you?" Nic yanked her hand out of his, tears threatened to spill. " You are so oblivious Ian. God I thought by now you would have seen it but I guess you haven't." She scoffed, trying her hardest not to let those tears fall. "Would have seen what Nicole? I am so-" "That I love you Ian! That you would've seen that I'm madly in love with you. God I've been in love with you since the day I met you. Wanna know why I was so distant when you first started dating Nikki? That's why. Because I am so in love with you that I couldn't watch you be with someone else. I tried moving on but I couldn't. The only person that I want to be with is you. If you're happy with Nikki then fine be with her but I couldn't go another day without telling you exactly how I felt." By the time Nicole was done, tears were streaming down her face and all she wanted to do was cry even harder. "Nic, I'm so sorry but-" "But you don't love me the way I love you. I'm like you're little sister, right?"Nic seethed. Ian stared blankly at her, at a loss for words. What could he say though? His very best friend in the entire world just said that she had been in love with him since the day she met him. He was so confused and  upset. Why didn't she tell him before? Why wait this long?  "Nic, I think you should go. Also I think it's best if you don't try to contact me for a few weeks. I just need some space for a little bit. "  Ian frowned. Nic shook her head in disbelief, more tears spilled from her eyes. "Fine." She said coldly. She turned her back to Ian and got into her car. As she had drove off, she looked into the rear view mirror and saw Ian still standing in his driveway. Before she even made it onto the highway, she turned into a vacant parking lot and put her car into park. Then she let out a scream, filled with pain, anger, and most of all- sadness. She clutched her chest as her body shook with sobs. Nic had never experienced this type of pain before. The feeling she felt was unknown to her. Nic wanted to curl up in a ball and just cry until all her tears had dried out. The pain was so foreign to her. She wanted to just disappear. She didn't know how she could face him after this. She knew that if she saw him the pain would just come back again. The pain Nicoletta Antonia Dobreva was feeling was her very first heartbreak.