Thirteen~Real life

4 months later...
"Baby, I'm home!" Nic yelled as she entered the loft she and Avan shared. Instead of being greeted with a million kisses and a warm welcoming hug, she was greeted with nothing but silence. "Av?" She called once more. Still there was no reply. To say that Nicole was confused was a total understatement. Avan sent her a text telling her that he had a surprise at home for her. Nicole walked aimlessly around the loft, looking for any sign of Avan. Suddenly her phone vibrated in her back pocket.
Babyy😂💖👅
Come to the bedroom love
Nicole scrunched her nose in confusion as she walked into the master suite. The lights were turned off, so only darkness surround her. "Avan?" She whispered. An unknown fact to many, the young brunette was utterly afraid of the dark. "Take a step baby, you'll be alright. " She heard a voice say. She soon realized that the voice belonged to Avan. " Avan what is going on?" She questioned. The lights turned on revealing Avan on bended knee with a small box in his hand. He cleared his throat before beginning. "Nicoletta Antonia Dobreva, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. In my 23 years of living I have never met someone as ambitious, full of life, and as caring as you. You bring suck joy and light into my life. I got to sleep and wake up thinking how I'm the luckiest man alive. There is no one else that I would rather spend my life with. Would you please do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Nicole was beyond shocked. She was not expecting him to propose at all. She wasn't sure what to say. Words failed to come out of her mouth. Yes she loved Avan and he made her happy but he wasn't him. Maybe this is exactly what she needed. Maybe this is what would help her move on from him. Tears began to fill her eyes and a huge lump made its way to her throat. She was not going to hurt him. He didn't deserve that.  But she knew what she had to do. She got down on her knees and threw her arms around him as she kissed him passionately. "Avan I love you...but I'm not ready to settle down just yet. I just need to find out who I am as a person. Once I find out who I am then I can become someone's wife." Avan pulled away and sighed as he looked at her sadly. " I understand Nic." Nicole glanced at him with the same sad expression and smiled sadly. "Do you still want to be with me?" She questioned softly. He kissed her forehead lovingly and pulled back with a slight wince. " I love you Nicole but I know that you aren't happy. I see the way you are when he talks about her. You're in love with him aren't you?" Avan didn't need an answer from her because he already knew. He has known it since the very beginning but just refused to believe it. "Do you want me to leave?" She asked as her voice cracked. He shook his head. " No we can both stay here. You can be my roommate until the lease is up. " he replied with a smile. "You should tell him you know. He deserves to know." Avan said after a few moments of silence. Nicole glanced at him and nodded. "I know." She muttered softly. "I know."