nine; just let it in

*5+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*
_____________

The weather fit the mood for the students at Beacon Hills High: dark. Everyone seemed so off and no one would even glance at one another. Kira left, Deaton was missing, and a great threat loomed over the McCall pack. Since the kidnapping of Kayla, Liam, and Hayden, they were healing – although, that event showed what the dread doctors were capable of.

Kayla was doing fine, but that was when her eyes were open. When she closed them at night, nightmares of what the dread doctors were doing to her flashed through her eyes. Theo was the one who was there for her, she would scream herself awake from nightmares. Whenever Kayla would cry, Theo was there for her.

"Stiles!" Kayla swiftly walked through the hallway to catch up with her best friend.

He slowly stopped walking and leaned against the lockers. "Hey."

Her smile faltered when she saw the monotone expression on Stiles' face. "You okay?"

"You would know if you weren't spending all your time with that liar." Stiles pushed himself off the locker and brushed past Kayla.

She looked as he walked away from her and out of sight. Kayla felt hurt that Stiles still couldn't trust Theo; what else was he supposed to do?

"Everything alright?" Theo placed his hand on the small of his girlfriend's back and rubbed it softly.

Kayla turned around with a fake smile and nodded her head. "Now that you're here, I'm better."

______________

"You've got to be kidding me," Kayla groaned as she held a towel to her nose in the bathroom.

Black liquids have been running on-and-off out of her nose throughout the past hour. She wasn't so concerned as of now because it wasn't silver, but it still made her wonder what the hell was going on. She moved the towel away from her nose and saw that it had stopped. Kayla ran back to her classroom (already leaving it three times) and sat in her desk.

"Just let in." Kayla looked up and saw...Isaac? He was standing at the door, his face cold and hard. He made his way over to her and leaned next to her desk. "You were so much better as a grim reaper."

"You're not real," Kayla stated sternly as she continued to look forward.

Isaac's hand went on top of hers and squeezed it harder than he should. "Let it in. Or we might have to make a trip back down to the operation room."

When Kayla looked up again, she saw a dread doctor staring right back at her. She screamed and yanked her arm away from it's grip. Everyone in the class looked back at her, thinking they had another crazy in their school. Scott and Theo looked back at her as well, seeing fear written all over her face.

"Ms.Whittemore..are you–" Kayla cut the teacher off by grabbing all of her belongings and heading out of the classroom.

She ran outside only to be met with an ambulance pulling up and Mason helping a very distraught looking Cody.

"What happened to him?" Kayla asked the boy as the paramedics started to strap Cody to the gurney.

Mason shook his head, "I – I don't know. He just started throwing up."