Proving a Loyalty

Sorry for such a late update! Started school again and it's taken up a lot of my time. I have a few chapters prepared so I should be updating more regularly, but it will probably go to every two weeks! Thank you all for reading! If you wouldn't find commenting what you think of the story so far that would be great, I'm always looking for some feedback and criticism!

-April-

A whole week. I have been tied to this tree for a whole week. Asked question after question about what the Sheriff is planning to do. Questions about Sir Guy in the Holy Land, again. Then they asked questions about me. Hood was different this time. He gave me food when he asked questions. There was no gag and he didn't tell any of his men that I was a woman. He seemed to respect that it was a secret and understood why I kept it.

The first night that I was there he came up to me after all his men had fallen asleep. He apologized for what he had done earlier that day. I hadn't spoken a word. Even if Sir Guy did not come for me I would still be loyal to him, I would not betray him.

Anyways, Hood and his men came back and were talking about a man that refused their help on the road. The man had thrown something at them that exploded when it hit the ground. Something they called Greek Fire. "Well, first things first, one of us needs to get arrested, and get taken to the dungeons."

"I'm not trying to be funny and all that but, isn't getting arrested the thing we are trying to avoid?" Allan asked. After being with them for a week I've learned their names.

"That's the quickest way in." Hood responded. "Why are you volunteering?"

"No!" I saw Much raise his hand from behind the group. "What?" he asked. The rest of the men started laughing. I have to admit I did chuckle a little bit. "What? I'm being serious!" After that all the men left me alone in the woods, again, as they went to Nottingham. I closed my eyes and fell into deep sleep.

I woke up and it was night. I saw four figures walking up to the camp. It was John, Djaq, Will, and Allan. Hood and Much were not with them. They started a fire and cooked a small animal above it. They took part in small talk. I sat there and stared at them. They took the animal off the fire and split it amongst themselves. Will stood up and walked over to me. He loosened the ropes around my hands and handed me some meat that he had put on a stick. I took it from him and took a bite. I smiled up at him as a thank you. "Your welcome." he said and went to sit back down with his friends.

His friends. I wished I could have friends like they did. Well, I did at one point, but I don't think he would consider me a friend now. I looked down at the meat. I smiled at it. These men were not as terrible as I had thought them to be. I hated them because Sir Guy hated them. I still felt that hatred for keeping me here. They did good, but they were outlaws after all.

Robin returned to the camp and walked right up to me. "It will be very cold tonight. You are welcome to sleep in one of the tents." I sat there and just looked at him. I had not spoken a word to him, nor take anything he offered me besides the food. I looked down at the ground. I have braved the last few cold nights and I would brave another one. "Alright." he said as he walked down to join his men in the tents.

It was a very long and brutally cold night. I woke up the next morning to all the men, but Will gone. I stared at him. He was cooking something over the fire. Will took it off and walked over to me. "Here," he said "eat this. You nearly froze last night." He handed me another stick of meat. I took it from his hands and took a bite of the hot meat. The warmth raced through my body.

"Robin told me to stay here and look after you. Maybe we could talk." I looked at him with annoyance. "Or maybe I could just talk," he sat down in front of me, "I admire your loyalty to Guy. I really do. If I were in your position being asked about Robin I would do the same thing. Loyalty is a great thing and you have a lot of it. Spirit too." I looked down at the meat in my hands.