chapter 7

(y/n) pov

The 3 months had passed by quickly. Every night when I'd sleep I'd dream of my mother.

Her gentle smile.

Her angel like laugh.

Her encouraging words.

I missed her, but I felt her presence. I knew she was here with me. In my heart. In my memories. In my spirit. In my courage.

I hadn't mastered light, not like it could ever be. Light and darkness was never ending. For it was in everything. Feelings, thoughts, actions. Even physical things like day or night.

I got back to the village fairly quickly. I no longer had someone to fight so I took my time. I studied my surroundings, and felt how peaceful it all was. I started to walk slower, then came to an complete halt. A black and white butterfly fluttered past my eye sight. Careless for the world around it, survived peacefully. Once it was out of sight, I continued on my path.

The stadium was full, many people had come here... Including my uncle.... Holding my mother's box... It was still locked seeing as I had the key. He probably came for it.

(Time skip to where all hell broke loose.)

I covered my ears from panicked and disbelieving screech of Gaara. I opened my cringing eyes to see a light pastel pink feather. The sudden drowsiness let me know that it was a genjustu. I released it and looked over to my Uncle. He was sleep caught in it, while the ninja who guarded him were fighting. I quickly took the window of opportunity and faded into the shadows. Luckily there was one right in front of him. I snatched the box and checked it for authenticity. Once I confirmed my findings as real, I retreated.

I put it in my personal hideout. It had countless traps, I came here to feel safe when I didn't. It was comforting, filled with. Things I could remember my mother liking.

After securing the box I made my way to Naruto. By time I arrived I listened to Gaara's little speech. I understood him a little now. He didn't kill cuz he liked it! He killed cuz he was afraid and the beast inside him feed off of this fear and turned it into a killing intent.

I did nothing to help. Only Naruto understood him to the fullest extent. Only he could save Gaara.

The fight was long and ended in a tie though, the battle was won by Naruto. Gaara took his words to heart and his aura changed. I came up to the both of them and healed them.

"Why do you kill?"

Garra suddenly asked me.

"Because people leave me with no other choice."