Chapter 1 "The Kid's First Day of School"

River's POV

I saw Mom and Dad next to my bed while smiling at me as I awoke. "Good morning sweetie!" Dad said. I did not say anything. Today is my first day of middle school in 7th grade. Ian goes to the same school as me. He's now in 6th grade and Mom and Dad said I have to protect that little brat if someone bully's him. "Morning!" I said while yawning. "I've made breakfast, c'mon." Mom replied. I hurried to eat and dressed into my black uniform with that yellow tie. I went on the bus and walked to school over that big  sign that said Aspen Academy. We moved to a new neighborhood so I enrolled into a new school. I started to walk alone and then, I saw Ian run up to me. "River h-" "SHUT UP!" I interrupted. He walked away slowly. "W-WAIT I DID NOT MEAN IT!" But he ran off. I then passed a couple of girls laughing and some boys fighting. "H-hey, y-you must be the new girl, I'm Anthony!" A boy with black hair and green eyes said. Then, a whole bunch of boys ran up to me. I started to feel my cheeks burn as if I was blushing. "H-hi!" I shuddered. "Wow. Are you a Mef'wa?" Anthony asked. I started to feel embarrassed. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I offend you?" He asked. I saw one more boy come up to me. "WELCOME!" They all said at the same time. I started to tear up because I've never been crowded before, and I did not know what to do. Just then, when I almost ran away, the bell rang.

Ian's POV

I went to class feeling upset. My sister hates me...it's obvious. I threw my backpack onto the hall hook. I sat on my desk terrified. "Hi, I'm Jill!" A girl with blond hair said to me. Her hair was so blinding in the lights and her eyes were as blue as the night sky. "H-hello?" I held out my hand and looked away. I've never met a girl face to face like this except Mom and Sister. I started to blush. "A-are you okay?" I opened my eyes seeing her smile and blush a bright red. She touched my hand and shook it up and down. I felt like fainting but, Dad told me he was like this a lot around Mom in the past. He said if I act like this, there could be a possibility that I am in love with her. "N-nice to meet you. I-I am Ian," I shuddered. She smiled, "It's okay to be shy." Oh gosh, is it noticeable? Am I being embarrassing? I thought to myself. Just, stay calm. She turned around to sit in her desk area. I saw she was as pale as a ghost and was as skinny as a twig. Her yellow dress shinned bright as her white sneakers squeaked on the ground. S-she's beautiful! I said in my head. She was definitely my type. I saw a boy sit next to me with ear buds in his ears. He had black hair like my sisters and almost as dark as mine. He had dark green eyes and olive skin. He was a foot taller than me he wore black and he had a red T-shirt on with black ripped jeans with red converse. "Alright class. Welcome! My name is miss Joy. I am your new math teacher!" She screeched cheerfully. We all moaned except Jill and me. I looked around and saw Jill watch the teacher grab an expo marker and trace a couple of numbers from her teacher plan book. "Now, solve this problem and then you can all get to know each other for ten minutes." We all moaned again. Even I did. We saw the problem on the board; 7.06 > 4/9. I was not good at math but I know I learned this in fifth grade. Jill looked back at me and smiled and then turned to face the board and solve the problem on a piece of paper.

River's POV

The first thing on my schedule was writing. Writing is my best subject in school so I started to smile as I walked into the classroom. I sat down next to Anthony. I felt my checks warm up again. I guess he is my crush? He gave a small nod at me and turn around to talk to one of his friends who came up to me that morning. I saw a man walk in as I guessed he was our writing teacher. "Good morning students." I started to frown, embarrassed that I forgot that recognizable face, "I am principal Wells. Your teacher is a bit late so, I am here to say, go socialize and make friends!" He smiled and walked away. Everyone all got up from their seats and rushed to their friends. While, I sat there waiting for someone to walk up to me. "Hello again!" Replied Anthony. I smiled and gave a small wave. "Look, sorry about today. About the mef'wa question. I should not have got into your business like that...c-can we just start over?" I smiled and got out of my seat. I pulled out my hand, "My name is River." We shook hands, "Nice to meet you. Welcome!" I saw Anthony smile as I started to blush. "Get in your seats everyone! I am Mr. Henry. Your writing teacher." All of us hopped back into our seats and sat up. We listen to the teacher go on as I wrote a small poem. I then drew a small picture under it. Then, the bell rang. First period was over and it was time for math.

Hey guys! I am back early. I just missed the other book so I started to write the second book. Anyways, hoped you liked it! Love you. Bye!
-WillowAsh30💜💙💔💖💘❤💗💓❣💚💝💕💟💞