floor 14

"the four of us went on until it stopped at floor 14."

somi, haise and arima conversed while fuyoko was probably not paying attention. 

"ah somi-san, you know that's classified," sasaki laughed. "but come on, i just want to know!" somi begged. her brother was once ccg's ghoul investigator. then he lost his partner and shifted to the bureau. 

the bell rang again at floor 14. the three stopped talking when two came in. a boy and a pregnant woman. "tatsumaki-san, how are you?" arima asked. "i'm well, the baby has been kicking a lot. i'm going to get him checked. 

"have you got a name yet?" asked somi. 

"i was thinking maybe something western; like eric or something like that," she smiled. the visible eye bags made somi wonder if she was getting any sleep with the baby kicking around. the boy that came in with tatsumaki was silently waiting with an empty bag. 

"last delivery for the day?" she asked. the boy nodded. 

"you do love asking questions don't you?" arima chuckled. she kicked the heel of his shoe, "i'm curious. nothing wrong with that." 

"nothing at all-" 

the elevator rumbled, the lights flickered, fuyoko screamed. 

"before i got onto the elevator, the weather reports said that there would be a blizzard, or a really big snow storm-

i didn't listen."