Chapter 35: Face of Fire

Start from the beginning

I drank straight up the contents of the bottle and suddenly shivered, Harry was right, it was as if ice had flooded my entire body.

Harry and I looked at each other as we made our way near the black fire.

"Let's go" Harry said, holding my hand as we walked through the fire, feeling nothing at all. There was a door in front of us and we quickly opened it and entered, closing the door in the process. We both stopped as we saw someone already there, I wasn't really surprised to see him here.

Professor Quirrell.

"You!" Harry said, charging Professor Quirrel but stopped, as he groaned in pain and held his scar.

That oaf didn't even twitch, he just smiled.

"Me," He calmly said "I wondered wether I'd be meeting you here, Potter."

Death?

Yes?

Can you protect me if ever Professor Quirrell tries to hurt me?

Of course I can, and I will, even if you didn't tell me

Thanks

Anything for you

"I knew you had something to do with this."  I said, pointing my wand at Professor Quirrell. He suddenly looked at me with wide eyes as I slowly approached him.

"Ms. Jones.... My master did tell me that you'd be a threat"

"Who? Voldemort?!" I said in disgust.

"You dare speak his name?!! How dare you!"  he suddenly snapped his fingers but nothing happened.

"I-I don't understand! How?!" Professor Quirrell said, snapping his fingers over and over again.

He's trying to knock you unconcious.

 I nodded at what Death said and smirked.

"Too weak to even knock an 11 year old girl unconcious?"  I said as I flick my wand, his head dress suddenly coming off, and his bald head was exposed.

That's when I noticed a mirror behind him..

"The mirror of erised." Harry said, walking closer but stopped when he suddenly fell on the ground.

"HARRY!"  I exclaimed,rushing over to his side and helping him.

"What's wrong?"

Harry suddenly pointed at the mirror and as I looked at it, I stared in horror as I saw a face on the back of Professor Quirrell's head.

"Master-"

"You imbecile! That girl is nothing but a weakling and you can't put her uncuncious?!" The head said, moving as it stares at me with disgust.

I scoffed at this "I might be a little girl but this 'weakling' that you speak of can do you harm... Voldemort." I said, without flinching. I knew I had to shut my mouth because I was talking to the darkest wizard of all time, but I can't help it. Try to underestimate me and you'll get a piece of me.

"You must be foolish to speak my name aloud! When I had great power anyone who spoke of my name died in a flash of green light."

"Too bad you lost your power. And you'll never come back to power again."

To my surprise, Voldemort laughed loud and wickedly.