Chapter 19: Pug-face and Ferret

Zoe's POV
The next day, we checked on a notice pinned up in the Gryffindor Common Room that made us all groan. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday- and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be having the same class together.

"Typical,"Harry suddenly said, "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy."

I felt bad for Harry , from all the lessons that we had, he had been looking forward to learning to fly more than anything else.

"You don't know that you'll make a fool of yourself," I told Harry, patting his shoulder
"Anyway, I Know Draco's always going on about how good he is at Quiddich, but I bet that's all talk"

I said and that made Harry smile.Draco did talk about flying alot everytime we were seated together in Potions, he complained loudly about first years never getting on the house Quiddich teams and told long, boastful stories that always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping muggles in helicopters. I bet he doesn't know what a helicopter is, I mean he told me that he hasn't  seen the muggle world and would like to keep it that way because of their 'dirty blood'.

***

As we were talking about regular stuff. And Hermione lecturing Neville about what she had read about flying, an owl came flying and dropped a small package in front of Neville. I'm guessing it came from his grandmother.
All of us looked at Neville as he excitedly opened it and showed us a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke.

"It's a Remembrall!" Hermione suddenly said.
"I've read about those," I added "the smoke turns red when you've forgotten something"

Hermione nodded in agreement and we starred at the remembrall when the smoke suddenly turned red .

"You've forgotten something" Seamus butted in, looking at the remembrall as well. Neville looked confused

"That's the problem, I can't remember what I've forgotten!"

He said frustrated. I just shooked my head while smiling.. The perks of being Neville.    

"Hey look, somebody's broken into Gringotts," Harry said, and the 3 of us looked at Harry, who was holding a newspaper

"Listen, believed to be the work of dark witch and wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins acknowledge the breach but insist nothing was taken... The vault in question, number 713 have been emptied earlier the same day"

"That's odd... That's the vault Hagrid and the both of us went to" I  said and Harry nodded.

***
At three-thirty, Harry ,Ron, Hermoine and I, joined  with other Gryffindors hurried down the front steps onto the grounds for our first flying lesson.    

Once there, we stood beside out brooms and waited for Madam Hooch, our teacher in flying lessons.

While waiting, I can't help but notice the tension between Gryffindor and Slytherin. If not glaring, they insult each other which make things more complicated. It's like Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

"Good Afternoon everyone!"
Someone suddenly said. We all looked at Madam Hooch walking our way

"Good afternoon Madam Hooch" we all said at the same time. She nodded and stopped to look at all of us.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson.. What are you waiting for? Step up to your broomstick.
Come on now, hurry up. Stick your hand over the broom and say "up" "