{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [27]

Start from the beginning

"Ok."

I squeezed his hand.

"I needed last night. I needed to be reminded that the twins and I are still alive."

"Babe..."

"Yeah?"

He rolled over to his side and propped himself up to see my face better.

"I love you and the twins."

"I know that."

"I made the appointment."

"Appointment? Oh you mean with Dr. Steinworth?"

"Yeah..."

"When?"

"Today after you left."

"No," I smiled at him. "When is the appointment?"

"Tomorrow."

"Mornight right?"

"Yeah?" he looked confused.

"We have an appointment with Dr. Henderson tomorrow afternoon. She's going to tell us the gender of the babies. Well if they cooperate."

He smiled at me and laid his hand on my baby bump. "You guys will cooperate won't you? Your mom just wants to make everything great for you. It'll make it easier if we know pink or blue."

There were a couple kicks in response. 

I smiled at him.

"See they love you already Matt."

He rubbed my belly lightly.

"Yeah...Kathy. I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Ok?"

"I know we're still a long way from the step but I would like to eventually adopt the twins."

I bit my lip. "How eventually?"

"Well at first I was thinking when we got married, but the more I thought about it the more I wanted the twins opinions. If its alright I would like to wait until they are old enough to decide if they want to be adopted or not."

"When do you think that would be?" 

"I don't know. Maybe when they are in school?"

"I suppose. I mean eventually someone is going to ask them why their name is Sullivan and not Sanders."

I felt him pull me close and I buried my face in his chest as his hand gently rubbed circles on my back.

"Babe, we'll have to tell them about Jimmy sooner or later anyway. If the kids at school don't ask about the name it'll be one of them not looking like us or something."

"I know and I always intended for them to know about Jimmy. I guess it just didnt hit me until now how much of a hole this could leave in their life. I'm so glad I have you Matt. Not just for me but the twins."

I felt his lips press against the top of my head.

"You gonna be ready for class tonight?"

"How long do we have?"

"It's three now so like three and half hours before we have to leave."

"I think I want to take a nap."

"Do you want me to stay?"

I shook my head.

"No you go have some fun with your friends. We'll be fine."