삼십일 (jeongcheol/ jihan) part 1

Start writing your story

for my wonderful child @bitchbeachnojams ;))))

<Jeonghan>

"Hey babe."

"Yeah, I've got to finish a project with Hansol and Soonyoungie. I'll be back later alright?"

"Mhm sure. Yeah yeah, I love you too. See ya."

Jeonghan shifted his sling bag higher and trudged his way out of the dorms. Fluffy whiteness blanketed the trees and the worn beige tiles, shadowing the dreary courtyard with a newfound colour before spring brought colourful flowers to fill the space. Steps light, he pushed the metal gates open.

Boots crunching the frozen lumps, he walked back to campus. The cold air made him feel great. He loved winter and the coolness it brought. But spring was another favourite of his, when the streets were filled with flowers and the air had a wonderful feel to it. He did always have trouble picking one favourite.

"Hannie, what are you doing here? Isn't it break for the next week?"

Jeonghan turned around to face his boisterous year-mate, Taehyung. Ever-changing hair colours adorned his head, and it so happened to be jet black this time around, which, in Jeonghan's opinion, looked the best. A crown of messy hair accompanied the new colour, or lack of it.

A red-faced Jimin came running from down the hall, steps amplified in the empty halls, save for the few people milling around. Whacking friends seemed to be a habit in his group of friends. Jimin clapped Taehyung on the back before slinging an arm around his neck and pulling him below his shoulder level.

Laughing nervously, he answered the question he had been asked,"I'm working on a project with Hansol and Soonyoung for theatre."

Both gave him questioning looks before jimin released his iron grip on Taehyung. "But Hansol is in my group?"

At a loss for words, Jeonghan weighed his options. Keep quiet, just walk away, or tell them the truth. The looks both his friends pinned his feet to the ground as he made the first signs of him trying to escape. Their eyes conveyed 'if you don't spill now we'll just have to force it out of you', which scared him a little, for both could be pretty intimidating despite their normally goofy behaviour.

He sighed in defeat before trying to explain himself.

"I... you know how you guys, as well as the rest of the school, think I'm dating Seungcheol right?"

Of course, they knew, they were meant to be the star couple on campus. The ace of every sport and the most popular person. The perfect match. Or so many thought. "I never liked him...not in that way. He was always just, a good friend?"

Jimin, being the observant emotion reader, just gave him an unimpressed look, like it was pretty obvious. Taehyung, on the other hand, was rather shocked. Jimin gestured for him to go on because this wasn't answering why he had to lie to them.

"I'm seeing someone else."

This new revelation had both of his friends reeling back.

He was immediately bombarded with questions and exclamations. Heads turned and Jeonghan hushed them, but they just continued the verbal assault in softer tones.

"You mean you're cheating? On Seungcheol?"

"No, I'm seeing someone with my eyes across the yard. Yes okay but no! Don't make me say it out loud! It's way messier than you guys think."

He really didn't see the point of this conversation but allowed the two to continue one for another minute before trying to stop them, succeeding this time. It was never meant to be like this. It wasn't how he had expected his life to turn out, or the way his friends found out. But secrets always find a way to other people's ears.

The ever bubbly Taehyung had his game face on. This was gonna be bad.

"It's Joshua... isn't it."

Jeonghan's face fell immediately, and his two friends stood in stunned silence. The walls seemed to close in on him and suddenly he felt small under their emotionless gazes. Stale air engulfed him in fear of what his friends had to say, for both Seungcheol and Joshua were their close friends, and this might change that forever.

"Just... try your best not to hurt either one two badly. They're your friends."

He wanted to protest, tell them how he would never hurt either of them. But he knew, his actions would never allow it. Nodding mutely, he turned away from his two friends and headed to the meeting spot. Well, at least he wasn't flat out lying. Just, not saying some truths.

Joshua was already there under the small tree, strumming lazily on his guitar. The field was rather deserted save for the rugby team. Those that said he looked like an angel, had never seen Joshua so in his element before. Eyes closed and fingers moving languidly, all Jeonghan could think of after that encounter with his friends was to tell Joshua. God, and he was supposed to have broken it off with Seungcheol so long ago, if they were suppoosed to even be something in the first place.

"Hey babe, weren't you supposed to get her like fifteen minutes ago?" Joshua teased as he approached him and sat under the shade.

Jeonghan didn't answer, and Joshua being the observant ass he was, picked out his sour mood immediately. Cocking his head to the side in worry, he put down his guitar, got up, and reached for Jeonghan's hand. Clasping his hands within his own, Joshua sighed and waited.

Knowing he wouldn't be able to wiggle his way out of this one, Jeonghan steeled himself.

"Josh, you know I love you."

"But people think I love Seungcheol, and I do, just, not like that. We meant it as a joke those years ago, yet people still think we're together. I guess it was my fault for not clarifying. Now I'm in the whole mess of sneaking around to meet you. I dragged both of my closest friends into my crap."

"I never got to telling Seungcheol either. I have to dodge him every time he tries anything mildly implying we might be together. I feel so horrible about it Josh. I see the hurt in his eyes each time and I really can't bear to tell him after so many years. What should I do?"

Joshua, the sweetest guy ever, just listened like the understanding guy he was. Exactly like the guy he fell for those few years back. Jeonghan let his heavy head drop to Jisoo's shoulder, just as a shocked gasp sounded from behind them.

*

iM SO SORRY KMN IVE BEEN COMPLETELY BUSY THE LAST LIKE TWO MONTHS AND THIS IS A CRAP CHAPTER bUT THERE SHALL BE A PART MAYBE ONE OR TWO CHAPTERS DOWN I JUST FELT SUPEr UNINSPIRED SO ILL BE BACK FULL FORCE (or w wtv energy i can spare) TO WRITE FOR YALL :')))) luv u guys rlly rlly much muCH LUVS

*