Too Good To Stay Away- Prologue

This is a new story I'm thinking about doing so read, and tell me what you think.

Enjoy

**********************************************************************

Sitting in my car and waiting for the first bell to ring that would signal the start of senior year for me, I stared through my windshield at the dark brick building that has been my high school for the past four years of my life and sighed.

I didn’t hate high school or even hate the people that crowded its hallways on a daily basis. In all honesty I hated going because I always ended up rudely declining someones offer to befriend me or some guys offer to carry my books to class.

I was a loner at this school and it was of my own choosing. I purposely push everyone away and never let anyone in because I was to afraid they would see my home life and see what I had to go through and judge me before they really got to know me.

Thinking about my home life had my mood instantly dropping a few more levels and I slouched back in my seat and closed my eyes to relax my mind. I started to think about my goals and plans, plans that I had made for myself long ago. Making sure I got the best grades possible and working on my music were the only things I let myself focus on. Then I would graduate and that in itself was my biggest goal.

I couldn’t wait until I graduated because graduating meant I could leave this city and more importantly leave my crap of a home life behind. I lived with my mother and my stepfather. My real father died when I was two years old and my mother remarried not even a year after to my stepfather. 

My stepfather is an elite business man and my mother is your normal house wife, include me into the picture and looking at us you would think we were the perfect suburban family. But behind closed doors that couldn’t be far from the truth.

In reality my mother is a drunk and has been since she found out my stepfather had more than one mistress, but she refuses to leave him because she says she loves him. I, however, know for a fact that it’s because she doesn’t want to give up her perfect life style and image. As for my stepfather, he is the biggest prick living. I hate him with all of my being and it’s not because he cheats on my mother, I really couldn’t care about that, my mother and I weren’t even on talking terms let alone close. 

I hated my stepfather because every chance he gets he is pimping me out to one of his bosses or clients and if it’s not them, then he’s trying to get into my pants himself. Its been this way ever since I turned sixteen, I’ve tried to tell my mother but she refuses to believe anything I say, instead she makes up this theory about how I’m trying to steal her husband away. So it is imperative that I graduate so I can leave my life behind and move as far away as possible from the both of them.

Opening my eyes again, I continued to stare out the windshield at all the students gathered in groups and rushing around campus for a few more moments until I heard the bell finally sound. Giving another deep sigh I sat up and leaned in the backseat to collect my bag and things before exiting my car. 

While walking up the pathway toward the school doors, I silently chanted what I do every year on the first day of school.

“No friends, No boys, Just school” and entered through the double doors to start my first day of my last year of high school.