The Big Bang (pt 3)

The Doctor didn't say anything, only stared at me with a hard expression, as if he were trying to figure me out.

"Doctor, please." I pleaded.

"You'd be without the locket for as long as it takes the universe to reset, and for me to get back to you. You'll need another source of power to live," The Doctor stated blankly. All I could do was shrug helplessly, not wanting to say the words he already knew—I don't have one.

I looked down, a tear rolling down my face, my brain no longer scrambling for another way out. The Doctor cupped my cheek and moved my face back up, using the pad of his thumb to wipe the tear away. I gulped. "You'll do it? You'll take it with you?"

"On one condition." The Doctor hushed.

It wasn't what I expected to hear. "What is it?"

"You have to let me give you something." He moved his hand away from my face and grabbed both of my hands in his, and I was confused.

"Give me what?"

"You can't ask, you just have to accept it."

"That's technically two conditions," I barely smiled, another tear rolling down my face.

"Fine then, two conditions. Do you accept?" The Doctor asked, noticing my hesitation, before pulling my hands to bring me closer to him again, and speaking in a low voice. "Nova... do you trust me?"

"I do," I whispered, afraid of myself for how quickly I responded.

Then, the last thing I expected happened—The Doctor brought me even closer, moved his hands up to my face, and kissed me.

I was confused at first; this couldn't have been what he meant—and then I felt it. Our lips were warm, almost tingling, like the passion seeped from his mouth and into my bloodstream, consuming me and giving me power. When a tear fell again I couldn't tell whose it belonged to—and my hands were tangled in his hair, pulling at it. His arms were grabbing me around my waist, pulling me closer and down to him as if it were any more possible. It felt like forever and only a few seconds all at once—constantly moving, hungry and desperate, until it slowed to a stop.

With my forehead against his, I took a deep breath—and when I exhaled, a golden mist flowed from my lips. My face was blotchy and my cheeks were wet as I confirmed my suspicion: the Doctor had given me his regeneration energy; years of his life.

"You may still be weak, but it'll keep you alive," The Doctor whispered against my lips.

I didn't know what to say in return—part of me was mad at him for doing it, but part of me also knew I probably couldn't have stopped him anyway. Thank you didn't feel like enough—and I was speechless: both from the intensity of the kiss, and the new surge of energy coursing through my veins. I threw my arms around him and we stayed like that—for as long as we could.

888

He was right. I was weak, but at least I wasn't dead.

"Nova!" Amy shouted, waking me up. I realized that I was in her bed, in her room, and she was already awake—wedding dress hanging in her closet and makeup spread out all over her dresser.

She hoped on the bed and sat me up by grabbing my shoulders. "You're my friend. My American friend! My sick, nerdy, disabled American friend!" She shook me, stating this as if it were a revelation.

"I am..." I said slowly, not sure if it would be a good idea or not to instantly remind her of everything that happened with her old life with the Doctor. She was so preoccupied with her new life that had just been restored, that she forgot the adventures with the Doctor and I.