The Hungry Earth (pt 3) / Cold Blood (pt 1)

"That creature, do you think it was an alien?" Mo asked, cautiously following Amy though the underground tunnels after they narrowly escaped further experimentation. "Any more of them, do you think?"

Amy saw a shimmer of light before her, and smiled. "Funny you should ask that."

The man turned to her confused, before realizing what had just appeared in front of him.

888

I stumbled a little upon entering the Doctor's universe again, noticing the ground beneath me was somewhat like dirt. I tried not to make any noises of discomfort as the cross-universal pain hit me again, and once the ringing in my ears faded, I could hear who I was with, and felt a hand caressing my hair.

"Shh, I know, Mo, she'll get over it right now!" A Scottish voice snapped.

A different, wales voice spoke in disbelief. "But, how did she—".

"Science. Magic. Whatever works for you, I'm Nova," I sighed, reaching out my hand to shake his, still trying to even out my breathing, recovering from the pain. "And you're Amy, not the Doctor." I realized, as Mo let go of my hand after only a brief second.

"Uh, yeah?" Amy confirmed, trying not to be offended as we continued walking through the tunnels.

"No, I mean, I usually turn up near the Doctor, near the Time Lord, probably. So if I'm with you it means he's probably also around here somewhere," I explained.

Amy squinted at me, pondering the possibility, before becoming distracted by a door to her left. "Hey, I wonder where this leads?"

"Maybe it's a way out of here," Mo hoped.

Amy pressed the button, revealing a completely white area that seemed to be some sort of stasis room, with a young boy inside, some green plant-like attachments stuck to his face. 

I stepped back so Mo could see through the door window instead. "Or maybe not."

"Oh my god, no." Mo whispered.

"What is it?" Amy worried.

Mo struggled to somehow get the door open. "Oh god. It's my son. It's Elliot. What have they done to him?" he stepped back so now Amy could see through. "He's in there. We have to get him out! Elliot? Elliot, it's Dad!"

"Stop it!" I held Mo's arms back. "Look at him, I know it's hard to believe but he's fine. This screen is monitoring something and he seems to be in a stasis chamber. They're keeping him alive and healthy. I know this species, they're called Silurians, Homo Reptilia, and they're very similar to humans." It wouldn't hurt to confess what I knew to him to calm him down if Amy already knew about my foreknowledge.

"How do you know? What are you?" Mo began to worry, still not trusting me after seeing me literally appear out of thin air.

I gulped. "Uh, scientist. Also, kind of an alien. Though, also an alien scientist..."

Mo panicked, yanking his arms away from mine, until Amy turned around.

"Mo, I told you, she's fine! She's good! She's my friend, see?" Amy grabbed my hand and held it up before him, pointing to the monitors on the wall with her other hand. "Look, she's right. See these screens? Vital signs—heartbeats, pulses, why else would he be wired up? He's still alive." Amy still held up my hand to him, jerking it around as she explained herself.

Mo was still frazzled. "Alright. We find weapons, get that creature from the lab and force it to release Elliot, yeah?"

I opened my mouth, about to protest the forcing-weapon plan, when Amy yanked down on my hand she was still holding. "Yeah. Trust me. We'll get him out."