Chapter 15

Yami's POV: 

I arrive inside Kaiba's house, where it is quiet and empty. I suspect that he's in there, along with Sayuri. My Sayuri. My guts churn, thinking that I will never get to save her. I must confess, I do win many duels in the past. But that's because I had a secret weapon. A cursed one that is. Well with or without my hidden secret, I'm going to save her. 

Through the halls of his grand mansion, I try to sense where Kaiba and Sayuri could be. Suddenly, my senses detected that Kaiba's downstairs, waiting for me. So I head down the stairs and, to my very eyes, I see a grand table in the middle of the room. As for the rest of the room, the walls are bricked, and a shelf is lined with books. This sure is a nice basement that I've ever seen, I bemuse. 

Of course, I've visited Kaiba's home for a while but not a lot. 

As I gaze upon the grand room, the lights flicker up and reveal Kaiba standing there. I gasp and place my hand over my heart, before I catch my breath. "Kaiba, you startle me." 

"Did I?" Kaiba chuckles and shakes his head. "Didn't think I would scare a pharaoh like you." 

I growl silently and and look away, as I try to implore. "Where is Sayuri?" 

Kaiba puts his hands in both pockets and walk towards me. "Like I said, she's fine. And if you need proof, I'll give you one." 

I didn't understand what he meant, until he pulls out a remote and pressed a button, as a flat screen TV descends from the ceiling. The screen turns on, revealing Sayuri tied up in a chair. Before I can ask, Kaiba says, "I did not harm your girlfriend, don't worry. But if I don't get what I want, then I will not stop to think about it." 

"You're sick," I yell at him. "You're not yourself, Kaiba. You've taken control by your dark heart." 

"My heart's desire, that is." He guffaws and holds his stomach. "And the best part is that Sayuri will get to see me prevail when I win."

"Enough!" I pull out my deck of cards and place them over the table. "When this is over, I'm going to get my Sayuri back." 

Kaiba and I shuffle our cards before getting ready for battle. "Let's duel," we say in unison, before one of us is making our move. 

Sayuri's POV: 

This duel is getting intense yet awful. Yugi's not winning the game as he usually did. He's not being himself today, I have to admit. I know that Yugi desperately wants to save me, but because of Kaiba's threat, it's hard for Yugi to win. Right now, he has nine life points as Kaiba has fourteen thousand. 

I sigh and shake my head, devastated by this performance. 

Yami's POV: 

"There's no way you're going to beat me,"Kaiba laughs horrendously. "You're going to lose, once I use my Blue Eyes White Dragon. Any last words?" 

I cannot let my dark side take control of me. I can't. I know that throughout the battle, my puzzle keeps  glowing. My dark side is trying to break free and win. But if I do, there's no way I'll be back in my body. I swear I have taken my elixir to keep my sane. But since I'm battling, the dark presence is growing stronger, needing something to satisfy. 

There's no holding back now, I'm afraid. The pendant keeps glowing once more as I hold my head, groaning in pain. "Quit your crying, pharaoh," I hear Kaiba yell. 

I grit my teeth and my eyes turn red, as I face him. "Stop calling me 'pharaoh'!" 

Seeing Kaiba horrified is making me grin in an insane way. I feel great yet powerful. Now to destroy him, but not by duel. Using my magic, I bring my hand up and close it into a fist, squeezing the darkness inside of his heart. Kaiba's screaming in pain, which I enjoy it. As I crush the the darkness inside of him, Kaiba collapses onto the floor and stays motionless. He's not dead, no. Kaiba's only in deep shock with less energy in his body. 

Once I do that, I absorb all the darkness, making me feel full and satisfied. "Delicious," I grin. 

Then, I look over to the TV screen, seeing a ravishing girl tied in a chair. She looks frightened yet vulnerable. Time for me to sweep her off her feet. 

Sayuri's POV: 

Something's not right. Now Yugi's more powerful yet insane. As soon as Kaiba's about to defeat him, Yugi's pendant was glowing and his eyes turned from purple to red. Now I know that Yugi's hiding something from me. The pendant, the deep pain, his eyes. Now Yugi's scaring me, when I see him grinning at the TV screen. 

My mind is pacing, until the door is kicked open. I cringe to see Yugi walking into Kaiba's office with a menacing look in his eyes. He approaches toward me and caress my cheek with his finger. "You must be Sayuri, the girl that Yami's been telling me about." 

Yami? But his name is Yugi. This situation is getting strange from the minute I was trapped inside Kaiba's office. 

When I did not speak up, this "Yami" person keeps grinning at me. "I can't believe I'm facing the girl, who is Yami's girl. Too bad that he didn't get to introduce me to you personally." 

I'm getting creeped out even more, when he's crooning over to my ear. I shiver and try to kick him on the shins, making him grunt. Though, he pertains that seductive smile on his lips. "So fiesty, he murmurs before his face edges closer to mine. 

"Yugi or, whoever you are, please come out of here and tell me what's going on. I need you." 

"He won't be able to break free, now that I'm here." 

He laughs loudly, until he groans in pain. He holds his head and crouches down, until he stops groaning. From the looks of it, Yugi's back when lifted his gaze on me. His eyes have turned back to purple, and his mischievous grin has disappeared. "Yami?" my voice fading. 

He nods his head disappointingly and sighs while looking down at the ground. "I was afraid of telling you my real secret until now. But now that that has partially been revealed, I shall reveal it to you." Yami unties me before pulling me up from my seat. "But first, I should take you back to my place." 

Hey, everyone. I'm sorry about the long wait. I've been going through a lot of issues, lately. I'm doing ok for now, but I'll be on and off on Wattpad. I hope you like this chapter that I just made. If not, then I'm sorry. I'm trying to make this best as possible. In the meantime, stay up-to-date with my stories. And be on the look out for my new book that I will be publishing soon. I will post a link on my profile, if you are interested in reading my book. Thank you all, who have been waiting for me to return. :)