Chapter 1

Sayuri's POV:

Finally, I'm starting college and starting a new life of my own. Can't believe I get to finally dream of being independent, instead of having my parent to dote on me. Not only that, I get to enjoy myself, whenever I want. Although it seems a little scary to live out on my own, at least my best friend Meme is here, with me. Thank goodness it wouldn't have to feel so awkward, if I don't know everyone that much.

When I first started college, I did felt a little shaky and scared, but when Meme found me, I was glad to see her again, and we cried for joy. For thr past few weeks, Meme and I were gettkng used to our classes, and around campus. Now, Meme is my roommate in our own apartment, and the college campus is just a few blocks away.

Meme has been my best friend for a long time, since fourth grade. We always hang out with each other, and we always tell each other's secrets. Moreover, our favorite game is duel monsters. It's always been our favorite game, ever since.

Meme and I always watch tournaments, and make bets. Usually, we always be goofy around with each other and be crazy like we just don't care. If anyone looks down at us, our minds would ignore them, as if we were in another world. Besides, our motto is "awkwardness is our originality." We even had that as our portrait.

But anywho, at least I have Meme as my roommate/friend. Although it's too bad that she has a job, while I don't. Meme works as a receptionist for a game design company. That's something to be proud of, considering the fact that she loves gaming.

I'm still trying to find a job, so that Meme and I can pay the rent equally. I can't be all lazy, while she has to do all the work. Meme tried to persuade me that it's alright, that she's the only one working, but I told her that I just can't. "Then why not," Meme asked.

"That's just saying that I'm a lazy bum and I don't get out much," I said, while grabbing the yogurt out of the fridge. "Besides, I really need to get out of the house more often. Staying in the house for too long is insanity."

Meme rolls her eyes playfully and says, "Oh come on, Sayuri! We have college stuff to do, and you're lucky enough to stay and relax more."

"Yeah," I said. "But it's still not fair for you to be the only worker, and not only that, you have the coolest job that is in a gaming design company."

"Well true," she said, as she eats her banana. "But I don't think it matters."

"Well to me it does," I said, as I put a spoonful of yogurt into my mouth. "I don't care if you're not letting me. I'm still determine to find a job."

Meme sighs and says, "Whatever you say, but I'm just saying my honest opinion. Good luck on finding a job, that will be fun."

I rolled my eyes playfully and laughed. "Oh I will a find a job," I said. I just hope I can, I thought.