Chapter 14

Sayuri's POV:

What has gotten into Yugi, now? At first he was shivering, and then I saw that his chest was glowing a bit. Can that be possible? I never do that, since I have magic. Something is just not adding up. It's a paradox, I would say. Now Yugi has left me alone in the Egyptian exhibit.

I must say that he didn't feel so good, when we first came here. He was shivering like crazy, as if he's cold-blooded. I suppose that he might be coming down with a fever. Or maybe he has some kind of chill effect, once Yugi came into the museum. If I only know what's wrong with him. Since I really can't stay in the museum too long, I'm thinking that I'm going to head back to Yugi's apartment. He could be waiting for me while he's resting.

As I finished looking through the exhibit, I start heading out of the museum. However, something casts over my head. I'm struggling to break free from this airless sack. I try to wriggle out of there, until my arms and legs start flailing. Slowly, my eyes start to close and I feel pretty faint.

Yami's POV:

Reluctantly, I feel much better, now that I'm home. I already took some of my remedies that a friend of mine made. It seems that my insides have already relaxed, and nothing seems to pop out. I should've taken it, when I had the chance. I never expect my body to do that. But I guess since I was going to an exhibit that deals with my ancient past, I should really be cautious. The important thing is that I'm fine.

However, I may have left Sayuri all alone. I think she's probably mad at me, for leaving her all alone. I didn't mean to do that, honestly. It was really bad timing. I hope she can understand. On the other hand, she might not because of the way I was behaving, back there. How in the world am I going to explain? Say that I'm a five thousand year old ghost, who can't take care of my own insanity?! Sayuri is going to walk out of my life, again. I can't risk that.

Well I need to find out where Sayuri might be, at the moment. If she needs an explanation, then I'll give her an explanation. I'll just explain what I just said. However, there's something that I must not tell her. I will confess that I'm not feeling myself, lately. It's all because of this dark past that's trying get out. He's much worse than me; more dark and devious. At this point, I feel like a coward for not telling her the truth. I professed my love to her. Why can't it be that easy, for me? I just might as well face it. I'm really a goner, and I must tell Sayuri the truth before things can go wrong. 

In an instant, I heard the phone ring. I swiped the phone and said, "Sayuri?" 

Then, I realized it's not Sayuri. I hear a deep snicker. "Hello, Pharaoh." 

Kaiba. What on earth is he upto? "Kaiba, why are you calling at this hour?" 

"Oh, I don't know. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. Oh, and I believe I met your lovely girlfriend of yours." 

I arch my eyebrow curiously. "How do you know that I have a girlfriend?" 

Kaiba chuckles evilly. "Let's just say I have allies, who have been keeping an eye on you two for the longest. At least now I finally found your weakness, and now I'm going to use it." 

I grit my teeth and narrow my eyes. My anger is starting to boil up. I must contain it, but I know Kaiba's trying to get on my nerves. "What did you to my Sayuri," I hiss at him. 

"She's safe with me," Kaiba replies. "But not for long, unless you can save her." 

I thought Kaiba is done being rivals with me, unless the darkness has taken over him. I must go save him from darkness, one last time. Guess that's twice the saving, for one day. But I need to know what Kaiba's dark self wants from me. "What do you want, Kaiba," I sigh. 

"You know what I want, pharaoh," Kaiba tells me. "And that is having to face me, in a duel contest. And if you can win, you can save her." 

"And what happens if I lose," I ask him, my chest pounding a bit. 

"You might need to find out, once you head over to Kaibaland. See you soon, pharaoh!" 

The phone went silent, and I put the phone down. Just so that I expected. It's his heart's desire that makes him so dark. I need to turn him back to normal. This insanity must stop, or otherwise it will never be stopped. I slip my deck in my deck holder that is attached to my belt, and my duel disk on my wrist. It's now or never. It's time to duel!

Sorry if this chapter is short. I have finally returned from watppad, after trying to make my first novel. I'm trying my best to update more of my stories, as much as I can. Stay up-to-date with my Yami fanfic. Also, I have other stories and poems that maybe you wanna check out on wattpad. Hope you'll enjoy my stories. Happy readings!