Prologue

1877

"Amelia!" His voice shook the castle walls. Never before had he felt such anger, it burned him up inside eating away at his flesh. He wanted to heave limbs from bodies and obliterate everything in his path.. but there was something else.. for the first time,
Alexander Vale the king of the undead was also absolutely petrified.

"Amelia!"

"I'm here." Amelia's face surfaced, holding a candlestick. Its light illuminating the pitch black walls of the castle. Her elegant nightgown draped against her body. "I'm here Alexander." She reaches out to caress his face, closing her eyelids and breathing in deeply. He sighs and pulls her body close.

He wants so badly to sweep her away from all of this madness. To leave this behind, this chaos that always seem to follow the two. "We need to put an end to this Amelia.. tonight." He growls, "She has ruined everything! She is corrupted, and absolutely vile!" She tightens her jaw at his words.

"Let me reason with her, she's my sister Alexander. After what I've done to her.. she's just upset." He studies her brown eyes and swallows.

"This." He surveys around, "this is not being upset. If she continues her and I will have war." He clutches her hand and they race down the halls together. "Where are the girls? Are they safe? Have they hidden-"

"Yes." She interrupts. "I told the servants to hide them.." they turn down into another corridor and soon the voices get louder. Shouts, and screams, she's warned the village of their secrets.

They approach a window and peer down below, the whole village is outside, sweat drips from their filthy bodies as they pile up next to each other screaming for revenge, wanting to show no mercy.

"Kill the beast!" A man flings a stone at a high window, it shatters the sound echoing off the walls. This makes them turn into barbaric individuals. They shout louder, hungrier now for the head of Amelia and Alexander to be on a stick. To display it in front of the whole town saying, 'look, look what we demolished.'

"They're under a spell." Amelia pants. "She's made them all betray us, to want us dead." She knows deep down that the last thing she wants is to harm her sister, but if Emily were to pull the right stings, there is no saying what Amelia would do.

They pull away from the glass window and run downstairs to the throne room. The main entrance doors begin to open and the villagers rush inside.

"No!" Amelia screams. She closes her eyes raising her hands to the doors. The bodies of the villagers soar outside landing in the mud. The doors shut close and she locks them with a spell. A sense of relief washes over her. No one can come in now. She's safe, her daughters are safe.

Well at least that's what she thought.

"Bravo. Bravo." From within the shadows Emily approaches a black gown covering her small figure. "Didn't know you had it in you sister. I thought you would be too weak.." she takes a step closer and looks at Alexander in disgust, "considering you just gave birth to his child!"

Emily extends her hand and Alexander goes tumbling through the air. "Stop!" Amelia goes to her husbands side. Blood oozes out from his eyes and ears, he gags as he tries to find his breath. It's a torture spell that Emily's known for performing. It causes the the eyes, ears, and mouth to uncontrollably spill blood. The pain is absolutely unbearable, no human can survive such torture. His body raises from the ground and is pinned against the wall.

"Stop Emily! Please! I love him!" Her eyes plead for forgiveness. She tries to stop the spell, but her sister is right. She is weak from giving birth only days before.