Chapter 23: Promise me

Colin's POV

She had her eyes glued on mine, biting her bottom lip persistently and waiting for me to confirm that it was ok for her to confide in me. The expression of her face was telling me that she was nervous. And she was still drunk, there's that. I wasn't sure whether anything she was about to say would be much reliable.

"Yeah, go ahead." I encouraged her with a nod of my head.

"You have to promise me something first." she said, her eyes blinking uncontrollably, keeping her tears from falling.

"You have to promise me that you will forget everything I say. You will never bring it up. You will act as if I never said it." she continued.

I got really confused.

"Ok." I said hesitantly, dragging the "k" at the end.

She gulped before she started talking.

"The thing I want to say is... that I'm...in love with you." she stuttered.

I opened my mouth, trying to say something, but nothing came out. I didn't even have enough time to react before she started talking again.

"I am madly in love with you and that scares me so much because I've never felt this way before." she said, taking a deep breath.

A wide grin appeared on my face and my urge to hug her at that exact moment was constantly growing.

"Jen..." I called her name but I got interrupted.

"I know you are going to remember this tomorrow morning and even the day after. I probably won't. I hope I won't. I'm still drunk after all." she said, closing her eyes and turning on her other side, facing away from me.

I got closer to her and slid my hand to her abdomen. She shuffled a bit and came even closer, pressing her back against my chest. Her hair still smelled of alcohol. I didn't mind that, though.

With my free hand I took her hair aside and got my mouth closer to her ear.

"Don't worry, I will keep my promise." I whispered softly.

"Now you should get some sleep." I proceeded to say and pulled the blankets over her shoulder to keep her warm.

She nodded and put her hands over my arm that was around her stomach. Not long after that, she was sound asleep. I, on the other hand, didn't feel like sleeping. I wanted to cherish that moment, because I didn't know if I would ever have the chance to have another one.

At that moment everything felt right. Her sleeping in my arms was all I could ask for. All I have ever dreamed of.

A/N: Short chapter, sorry! Omg guys, the proposal happened😱 I'm still not over it and I don't think I will ever be😍
Thanks for reading, voting and commenting💙
Xoxo, Eva💕