Chapter 4: Stay the night

Jen's POV

Not soon after I got home, my doorbell rang. How did he arrive so soon, I thought to myself. Anyway, I headed to the door a bit nervous.

I opened up and there he was, standing before me, smiling once again. I will never grow sick of that smile in my life. His blue eyes glowed more than they usually do. He stepped in closing the door behind him and grabbed me in for a passionate kiss.

Ok, that was not what I expected, but I didn't pull back. I kissed him back with the same passion.

We have kissed before, numerous times, as Emma and Hook, but this was completely different. We weren't portraying some fairytale characters, we were being ourselves. This was real.

After a while, we found ourselves sitting on the couch, a little closer to one another than this morning.

"What are we doing?" I asked once again.

"There goes the Déjà vu again!" he avoided the question, laughing, making me smile a little as well.

"You know what I mean. This is not right. We shouldn't be doing this." I said letting out a breath.

"Oh, don't you like it?" he couldn't seem to stop teasing me. He knew this eased my tension.

I looked at him with a smirk on my face.

"I do. But we should figure this out. I don't mean any harm to anyone." I said, my voice fading as I spoke those last words.

His face expression told me he knew exactly who I was referring to. He tensed up a little.

"You know, we can keep this between us." he said gesturing back and forth from me to him a couple times.

Was he really suggesting we got ourselves involved in a secret affair? I looked at him with question spread upon my whole face. I guess he noticed from the look on my face that I had so many questions, so he spoke before I even had the chance to think of anything to say.

"I mean, until I sort things out so we can be together. If this is what you want, of course." he explained.

I let a small awkward laugh escape my mouth and looked down, observing the patterns of the couch fabric to avoid his burning gaze.

Of course I wanted to be with him, there's no doubt in that. I am just so self-righteous that I can't stand being happy at the expense of someone else's happiness. Plus, I wanted him all to myself, there's that.

"You know it's not right. For any of us. I can't do this. I'm not asking you to get a divorce right now or whatever, but even if we keep this a secret, then what? You will have to choose eventually. And I don't even want to think of what would happen if the media found out." I explained.

"I know." he said.

He then lifted my head with his hand on my chin and left a soft kiss on my lips. I could get used to that.

"I just need time. I know what I want. And it is you. It's been for a while. Hold on to that. I will make things right soon. I need you to trust me." he said.

I nodded. Trust him. Like this is the easiest thing in the world. It hasn't worked out well for me in the past.

"Hey, you ok?" he asked, noticing that something was bothering me.

I didn't say a thing. I kisses him. I wanted this to work out. I needed this. Him.

He kissed me back. The next moment, he lifted me on his lap, without breaking the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He gently grabbed my hair from behind and pulled out from our kiss just to place his lips upon my neck.

Shivers traveled down my whole body and I let out a faint moan. I then caught both his cheeks with my hands and lifted his head so we were now looking into each other's eyes. God, I loved his eyes.

"I don't want you to leave." I said, a bit sad, realization hitting me.

"Then, I won't." he smiled while playing with a strand of my hair.

"Wait, what?" I asked surprised.

"If you want me here, I will stay."

"But how? How is that possible? What will you tell Helen?" I wondered.

"Shhhhh she doesn't have to know." he said, placing his index finger on my lips.

"I don't understand, I thought she was here in Vancouver to see you." I told him, confused.

"Well, she is but I can tell her that shooting took longer than scheduled and I'm spending the night at my trailer." he explained.

I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"You mean you will lie to her." I told him, glaring daggers at him.

"Look, I know you feel bad about all this. I too feel bad myself. I wish it was easier. For all of us. But it's not. So, I suggest we keep whatever it is that we have, until we find a way." he said with an encouraging smile spread on his whole face.

I placed my fingers behind his head, tangling them in his thick black hair.

"Until we find a way." I echoed his last words, smiling while resting my head against his chest with closed eyes.