Chapter 3: Alone Together

I wasn't paying attention in fifth period because:

1. It was chorus and we had a sub

and

2. My ex was in that class.

I was paying so little attention that I didn't see Louis sit next to me.

"Hi" he said softly. Not soft enough to not make me fall out of my chair.

"Go ahead and laugh, I know you want to" I sighed as I got up.

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" he gasped out. There was no trace of laughter on his face.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

He was cute and nice. Niall was really going to enjoy this one. I wonder who will break up with who. Niall will probably try to ride it out until college and then go as far as possible in attempt to- oh my god. What was I doing?

"So how are you liking the school?" I smiled, unsure of how much time had passed.

"They're all the same. Power couple, food chain, classes, teachers who look bored, and-" he began.

"Anything good about this school?" I interrupted.

"Yeah. Maybe. I'm not sure yet." he said while looking down and blushing a bit.

"If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, there definitely is a good thing." I smiled.

Niall would owe me forever. I was literally helping him win over my crush.

"Yeah," Louis smiled, "I think you're right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who is my ex? I don't even know the answer to that. After we broke up he tried to date Niall. Then he tried to date me again. If you ask him about it he'll lie and say that it never happened.

He still tries to talk to me every now and then. He gets ignored.

Of course Louis didn't know any of that so when Josh (not the same one from lunch) walked up, Louis alerted me that he was talking to me.

"Harry, I think that guy is talking to you." Louis mumbled, never looking up from the busy work that the teacher left for us.

"Well he can go to hell." I mumbled back.

Louis's eyes got about as big as two bowling balls, but he still didn't look up.

Then Josh had the nerve to walk over and kneel in front of my desk.

"Baby, come on. Stop ignoring me." he whined, like a two year old.

Louis just shook his head. Lucky for him Josh didn't notice.

"Baby," he whispered as he rested his hand on mine, "just give me-"

"Don't. Touch. Me." I said angrily as I got up and left.

Much to my surprise, Louis followed me into the hall.

"Are you alright?" he whispered. Actually he probably wasn't whispering. He was so soft spoken and it was the cutest thing.

"Yeah I'm fine. That's my um... he's my ex." I mumbled.

I didn't want to talk about my ex with Louis. I wanted to talk with Louis about his life and things that he likes and how cute he is. Okay maybe not that last part. That might get weird.

"I moved to get away from mine" Louis laughed, "that dumb son of a gun nearly killed me."

"What?" I gasped. What do you say to that? Who would want to kill Louis?

"Enough about that,"  he said awkwardly, "where are we going?"

"We're gonna get some ice cream." I smiled as I led Louis to my car.