Saint Valentine's

Disclaimer: The world of Harry Potter, and the characters within are trademarked by J K Rowling. Any part of the plot that is recognizable as Harry Potter canon, is also trademarked by J K Rowling. I have merely added a few of my own original characters, which are creations of my own imagination, and placed them in the world of Harry Potter, for entertainment purposes only. I do not profit from this. Please don't sue me.

"Saint Valen-fucking-tine," Zia grumbled as she entered the Great Hall for breakfast on the 14th of February, 1993. Blaise looked just as disgruntled at the sight of the Hall, when they sat down. He piled whipped cream on his pancakes, his favorite comfort food, while Zia appeared to have lost her appetite at the appearance of what used to be the most beautiful room in the castle.

What the bloody hell did Lockhart intend to achieve by doing this? she soliloquized.

Lockhart pink robes matched his flamingo-like persona, and they also matched the color of the heart-shaped confetti floating down from the enchanted ceiling. He had decided that this would be the way to bring the school into better spirits after the attacks on Muggleborns in the castle. He was incredibly pleased with himself, and the pink flowers that lined the ancient walls of the Hall.

The rest of the faculty wasn't as pleased. Zia would swear that she saw Snape develop an eye-twitch, while McGonagall's stony expression was almost as tight as her bun. Lockhart remained oblivious to this, and started introducing the rest of the festive activities he had planned.

"Happy Valentine's Day! And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all - and it doesn't end here!" He rejoiced. At the sound of his clapping his hands, a dozen dwarfs walked in, looking just as miserable as Zia herself.

"My friendly, card-carrying cupids! They will be roving around the school today delivering your valentines! And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog!" He proclaimed. Flitwick looked like he was ready to cast a charm that would open the ground beneath his feet so he could vanish. Snape looked like he had swallowed a potion consisting solely of lemons.

The only good thing to come out of Lockhart's arrangements was Potter's embarrassment at getting a musical love letter. The little cupid approached him in the middle of a hallway, and began bellowing his message.

"His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,
His hair is as dark as a blackboard.
I wish he was mine, he's really divine,
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord."

Despite the eternal joy she received from watching the Golden Boy suffer, she was so sick and tired of petals and roses and heart shapes that she decided she would take the next holiday in her own hands. She did a brilliant job of it.

-----

"This is ridiculous! Shameful! I can't believe I'm even here; I knew I should have gone to Durmstrang! This is outrageous! My father will hear about this!" Draco Malfoy ranted, as he stood in the doorway of the Great Hall at breakfast on the 1st of April.

"Hear about what?" Zia inquired as she walked past, barely holding her laughter in check when she saw the infamous bully rooted to the spot, face flushed with anger. On his forehead, bold, red letters read:

"I love Muggleborns"

"This bloody hex says that I have to say that I love Muggleborns every time I've tried to walk through a doorway today. I survived doing so in the dorm and common room because nobody was there, but there is no way this jinx is going to make me proclaim something so preposterous in front of the entire bloody school!" Malfoy raved. He had the attention of every occupant of the Great Hall, and was making as big a show about it as he could. Zia stood by and watched quietly. She was aware of Blaise's concerned glance, and brushed it off, as she saw Malfoy struggle.

"You did it, didn't you? You've always been jealous of my influence! Decided to get back at me, didn't you? You dirty mudblood!" Malfoy halted, as he felt more letters being written on. He gestured wildly at Theo Nott, ordering him to read it, and Nott frowned, but complied nonetheless.

"Everytime the subject uses a derogatory slur, the message required to release the subject will become more extensive.  The caster of this charm suggests refraining from using derogatory language," Nott read, much to Malfoy's irritation.

"I love Muggleborns, for their blood is worth the same as mine," the new message read.

Zia couldn't hold it in any longer, bursting out into laughter, her clear voice ringing beautifully in the terrified silence of the Hall.

"I love Muggleborns, for their blood is worth the same as mine," Malfoy mumbled. Zia turned to walk away, her work was done here, but her aggravated footsteps approaching rapidly.

"Expelliarmus," she pronounced, taking Malfoy's wand as it flew out of his hand. She found Professor Snape next to her, present to pacify the Malfoy heir, and she handed him the wand voluntarily, and "apologized" for causing disturbance