Magical Introduction

Disclaimer: The world of Harry Potter, and the characters within are trademarked by J K Rowling. Any part of the plot that is recognizable as Harry Potter canon, is also trademarked by J K Rowling. I have merely added a few of my own original characters, which are creations of my own imagination, and placed them in the world of Harry Potter, for entertainment purposes only. I do not profit from this. Please don't sue me.

Someone knocked sharply on the door to the beautiful Khan household, but because she heard her mother's light steps stride purposefully towards the front of the house, Zia stayed where she was. In the sitting room, lying on the wall-to-wall carpet, legs flailing in the air, pencil in hand, to be more precise. Her ears perked up under her thick, black, shoulder-length waves when she heard precise, clipped tones speak. Speak about her.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Khan. My name is Minerva McGonagall and I am here to speak to you about your elder daughter, Zia."

"Why? Is she in trouble? Are you from her school? And if so, why are you wearing such strange clothes?" Came Mrs. Khan's concerned reply.

Strange clothes? Zia's young forehead wrinkled in thought.

"Not at all. But there is something else of the utmost importance which I have come to inform you of," The woman said.

"Very well. Please, come in," Mrs. Khan said, as she lead their peculiar guest into the sitting room, where Mr. Khan lounged casually, while his elder daughter studied. His attention on the book in front of him was diverted when his wife entered the room. His head perked up, as did Zia's, and both struggled to conceal their shock at the woman's emerald robes, and matching pointed hat. Minerva McGonagall looked like she had just stepped out of a fairytale.

"Fatima, who is this?" Mr. Khan questioned his wife as he rose, and shook his guest's hand.

"Minerva McGonagall says she is here to discuss a matter of utmost importance with us, which regards Zia," Mrs. Khan answered.

"Very well. Please, Mrs. McGonagall, have a seat. Can I get you anything? Tea, coffee, water?" Mr. Khan asked.

"No, thank you. Also, it's Miss McGonagall, but please do call me Minerva," McGonagall corrected, as she walked over to Zia, who had risen to her feet, and now stared at this woman with unabashed intrigue.

Zia introduced herself properly, shook McGonagall's hand, and lead the elderly woman to a seat on the couch, before crossing her legs and seating herself on the carpet close by, still observing curiously.

Her parents sat on a two-seater version of the cream couch McGonagall occupied, perpendicular to that very couch, and wasted no time beating around the bush, requesting McGonagall to kindly state where she was from, and what she had to do with their daughter.

"I'm afraid there is no way to formulate myself in a manner which would not alarm you, so I will get straight to the point. Zia is a very special girl, as she possesses abilities none of her peers do. She has done things which you have not been able to explain rationally, especially when in times of fear or anxiety of any sort," McGonagall began, watching the Khans cautiously.

When their eyes widened in shock at how this woman could possibly know this, but did not speak, McGonagall continued, this time adressing Zia.

"Miss Khan, you possess such abilities because you are a witch, and a rather powerful one, it appears," McGonagall managed to finish before the parents of the witch in question started to speak in objection.

"How dare you call our precious child something as distasteful as a witch! She has never hurt a fly, never showed contempt for another living being, always lived orderly, accomplished so much at her school!" Mr. Khan raved, while his wife nodded gently, but with a contemplative look on her face.