Enemies Beware

Disclaimer: The world of Harry Potter, and the characters within are trademarked by J K Rowling. Any part of the plot that is recognizable as Harry Potter canon, is also trademarked by J K Rowling. I have merely added a few of my own original characters, which are creations of my own imagination, and placed them in the world of Harry Potter, for entertainment purposes only. I do not profit from this. Please don't sue me.

Warning: There will probably be cursing in this book from this point forth. It's a bit mild because they're still in second year, etc, but just a heads-up.

She was only on her way back to her dormitory after dinner, when Zia found herself being pushed along by a crowd. As she grunted, and resisted the ridiculous antics of schoolchildren; she found Blaise suddenly standing in front of her. He was urging her to come along, and see what this was about, so she went.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.

Filch's horrendous cat hung by her tail, under the massive letters scrawled on the wall in blood. Zia cringed when she felt water leaking into her shoes, but no cringing could compare to the chills that ran down her spine when she heard the next words uttered into the deafening silence.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, mudbloods!" His gleeful voice erupted.

Filch arrived shortly after that shout, and starting shaking when he saw his precious cat dangling by the tail. But before he could point fingers all too definitely, Dumbledore and the rest of the staff followed soon to the scene. As the school faculty departed with Potter, Weasley, and Granger, the crowd slowly thinned, leaving few behind. Zia was not one of those few.

She ran through the hall, and rushed into her common room. Spurting by the few inhabitants mulling about, who barely regarded her, she thundered down into her common room. The walls were closing in, and her panic was rising. Suffocating in the atmosphere was unbearable. Needing to move, she paced, eyes darting around frantically. Her eyes locked on her bed, and she went over and pulled up a corner of the sheets.

"Geminio," she whispered at her mattress, and soon had another one. A simple wingardium leviosa helped her in levitating it to the foot of her bed, where she propped it up on her trunk, leaning against the bedposts. The feel of the magic travelling rapidly through her was so exhilarating. It sharpened her senses, she was tense, she was emotional, she was absolutely wild with fury, but she was alive.

Zia took a few steps away, and then stood facing the mattress.

"Diffindo," her voice didn't falter, as she unleashed her anger. She slowly stepped closer and closer, and even as tears started clouding her vision, she didn't finished until there was foam everywhere, and the mattress was unrecognizable.

Suddenly, Zia ran out of spark. She waved a scourgify over the mess surrounding her, and dumped down on her trunk. Now, she was just confused. Scared. Lonely. She just didn't understand why she was less than anybody else because of her blood. All her life, when kids at school would bully her for her darker skin, or for her ethnic background, she was told that it didn't matter. It didn't matter because they all shared the same blood. The same red blood flowed through everybody's veins. It was what mad them human. Now, everything had been turned on its head, and she was being told that her blood made her inferior.

"Awwww. Is the little mudblood sad because she's worthless? Do you need your knight in shining armour to come and comfort you?" Bulstrode burst in, and cooed, mockingly.

Zia was on her feet, glaring down the older girl, ready to give her a piece of her mind.

"I don't need a knight, Bulstrode," she spat her adversary's name venomously. "I need a sword."