Astrid! (Hiccup's POV)

"Son. We need to talk." Dad said coming around the corner.

"Yeah, sure dad, what is it?" I asked.

He sat down.

Uh oh. I thought.

"I think it's time..." He said.

No. I thought.

"No dad! Come on! You have got to be kidding me!" I moaned.

"No son. I'm not. I've seen how you've lead the dragon riders... And I feel Berk needs you more than them-" 

"No dad! You don't know what your talking about! We have a war! A war that we fight for everyday, because Viggo won't give up. Because I won't give up. And Berk, Berk hasn't even stepped foot into this war. You guys have your own problems to worry about. Us, me, and the riders, we worry about you guys every single day! We don't know if Viggos attacking! We don't know if, when, or how Viggo is going to come after Berk! Leading the dragon riders is my way of protecting Berk from a far! Dad, you don't know what your say-" 

"Astrid can lead them-" 

"No, she can't, Astrid is a great person, and frankly, in a few years, she could lead the dragon riders, but now, with Zoè, no, she can't, she didn't even want to come to Berk! And-"

"Snoutlout, Fishlegs, One of the twins-" 

"No! Snoutlout, great person, to egotistical, Fishlegs, more of or scientific person, the twins, no, no, to destructive and-"

"Heather."

"Heather is a great person, but her anger gets the best of her, she needs someone to keep her in check. Dad we all have our flaws. But now, right now, I'm not going to resign as the leader of the dragon riders to be the Chief, maby when the war is over... But not now. Not now." I said.

"This is about Zoè. Isn't it? And Astrid?"  He asked.

I swallowed.

"Some of it..." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Son, they aren't your​ real family."

I felt a pang in my gut.

"Astrid isn't ready to be a mom. And-" 

"Stop. Stop right there dad. You don't know that! Astrid is a great mom! Zoè is lucky to have her! Astrid, Astrid is doing it right! She's not ignoring her like you ignored me until I was doing good in the ring! Their conversations aren't one sided! And they are my family! They-" 

"Son! Listen to what you are saying! Zoè isn't related to you, or to me, or to Astrid. No blood, no nothing! She's not like us! Astrid, one day maby she might be a daughter in law to me, but Zoè, in real life, will not be my granddaughter..." He said.

I felt my face heat up.

"I've spoken with a clan for women only not far from here... They have agreed to take in Zoè. But they won't take her after age eight. So you have three years to decide what your​ going to d-"

"No! I already know what I want to do! I already know what Astrid wants to do! We are going to keep Zoè!"

"You are going to hand her over to that tribe or I swear by-" 

My dad was cut off by a gasp behind me.

"Astrid." He said stiffly nodding.

I turned. Astrid was standing there on the door way. Shaking her head.

"No..." That was all she said before she ran out the door.

"Toothless!" I siad.

He sat up and ran out the door.