No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 28

Start from the beginning

Damon didn't answer. He remained silent, staring out of the window in front of him.

Charlie let out an angry sigh. "Damon you shouldn't have helped me. A bite from Tyler wouldn't have hurt me. Only Klaus can kill me and you know that."

"Well I did help you. I saw Tyler attacking you and I lost it. Sorry for wanting to protect you," he said bitterly. He poured another drink, downing it in seconds.

"Damon," she whispered. Not knowing what else to say. What could she say? Nothing was going to make this better.

"But here we are. You can't help me this time." He slammed the glass down onto the table.

"Don't say that, Damon. There has to be a cure. Stefan and Elena won't just let you die. And neither will I. Don't give up without a fight."

He finally turned to face her. "Then what's the plan, Charlotte? I mean, look at this." He yanked up his sleeve exposing his bite.

Charlotte held her breath as she took in the severity of Damon's wound.

"What are you going to do about that?" he said harshly before quickly pulling his sleeve back down.

"I don't know. But there has to be something. Vampires have existed for thousands of years. Someone out there has to know some sort of cure."

"So what? Are you gonna run to daddy original for help? Oh wait, he already betrayed you," he scoffed.

"Why are you being like this? I love you and I just want to help you. Besides, I wasn't talking about him..." She sighed deeply. "But maybe he does know a cure. I could go talk to him..."

"Great. You do that, Charlotte. You run to uncle Klaus and daddy Elijah, get bitten yourself and die. Awesome plan," he said, clapping his hands sarcastically. "While you're there you might as well tell them Elena is alive too."

Charlie shook her head annoyed. "Then what else do you suggest? Because I'm not just gonna sit around and watch you die."

Damon shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing. Maybe it's just my time," he said with no emotion.

He then left the room, leaving a bewildered and frightened Charlie alone.

Mystic Falls, Fall 1863

Damon glanced at his reflection in the mirror. He was dressed in a black suit and bow tie with his dark hair slicked back.

Tonight was the annual Mystic Falls autumn dance, held at the Lockwood Mansion.

Damon had only returned home earlier that day, he was tired but he wanted to be with Charlotte. His father didn't approve of this decision, but he didn't really care.

Charlotte was his fiancée and the only thing he wanted was to be married to her and start a family.

He was straightening his tie when there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in," Damon shouted.

"Looking smart, Damon," Stefan said as he entered the room.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself," Damon smirked.

"Is that a compliment, brother?" Stefan laughed.

"Maybe."

"Well, thanks," he smiled. "Anyway, I came to tell you Charlotte is waiting downstairs for you. I'm going to ride with father."

"Give my regards to father," he mocked.

Stefan sighed. "Father means well, Damon."

"No he doesn't. It's all about what he wants. I won't be his little lapdog anymore."