Chapter 4

The Truth

Lily could feel her self being picked up and being laid down on something soft which she assumed was a bed ,but she was still to to tired to open her eyes or move her body.
                    IN DREAM
Lily opened her eyes to reveal that she was no longer laying down ,but instead in what looked like a study like place. The walls were lined with shelves ,each filled with books and scrolls. She looked around until she noticed someone in the middle of the room next to a caldron which was bubbling and glowing a bright blue. She looked at the person and realized  that it wasn't a person at all but instead a transparent light blue dragon who she recognized was Ignitus. Her jaw dropped when she saw a 300 year old dragon who died in the raid on the dragon temple. Before she could say a word he said " I know what your thinking how can I be alive well to answer your question I did die in that battle at the temple." She gave him a quizzical look which he responded saying "you see Lily when I died the chronicler appointed me as the new chronicler so now my soul lives on. Now do you understand Lily?" She gave him a confused look and asked "how do you know my name?" "Your great grandfather was my masters brother." He then glanced in the caldron and said "uh oh sorry Im unable to talk  any longer goodbye and good luck." as he said that he started to wave at her as her vision started to fade again and then it was gone.
                  DREAM END
She woke up in an instant after the dream ended and looked around to find herself in a bedroom which she assumed was in the castle. The door opened to reveal Diana and Virgil waiting for her to wake up. They then walked in and Diana asked "Lily  are you alright you had quite the fall?" She said "I'm fine ,but how long was I out?" Virgil said "about two days. Why?" "two days!? I have to get back to Terrorvail now!" She tried to get up but found herself being held back by an arm in front of her. Diana then said in a calm voice "you cannot go back now I'm afraid. Since you are very important to the guardians." She said " If I'm right you said that your both guardians, but you refuse to tell me why I'm important as well." Diana stared blankly at her and finally said "I was hoping you would forget that ,but since you will be coming with us you have the right to know the truth. You see me and Virgil are guardians as well the many we said that were everywhere and we need to appoint more guardians because we are being picked off one by one." Lily's jaw dropped at the words she spoke. She then said in a shaky voice "then how old are you?" Lily looked to Virgil when she said that and saw Virgil was thinking so she waited for his answer. Virgil finally said "I'm about 789 and Diana is 657." Lily's jaw dropped yet again since neither of them looked a day over 20. "Now that you know it's time to go " Diana said as she began to get up and ready to leave. She was almost out the door when Lily stopped and said" Wait where are we going?" She smiled and said"to scale valley. The land of the dragons."
         *                     *                      *