Chapter 7

Ugh, short chapter & kinda boring >_< Chloe's P.O.V. in this is a dream, btw c; Enjoy<3

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.* ;)

-------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 7 – Harry's P.O.V.

            "Are you going to be okay in here by yourself?" I asked Chloe sympathetically as she curled up in the covers. Honestly, I had this sliver of hope that she'd ask me to stay with her again.

            Chloe merely nodded as her face squished against the pillow. Feeling a little pang of sadness nail my stomach, I managed a faint smile as I went to turn the lights off. "No," Chloe said sternly, then softened her voice. "I mean, please... Leave them on."

            I frowned. "Chloe, you can't sleep with the lights on. What about if I get the nightlight from the bathroom?"

            Chloe mustered a smile in agreement.

            After unplugging the nightlight from the bathroom wall, I sauntered back into the guest room where Chloe was staying. I hooked the light adjacent from her bed so she'd be able to see it perfectly. Chloe gave me another smile in thanks as I returned it before softly closing the door.

            A loud sigh left my lips as I traveled into my room. I left my door open in case Chloe needed me. Tugging off my black t-shirt, I then shimmied out of my jeans and slid under the covers. I was so damn exhausted. Elizabeth alone was enough to give anyone a headache. But shopping with Chloe was a lot more difficult than I expected. Aside from her flinching when the loud speakers came on, or cringing when someone would curse in the next aisle, she was actually just like a total girl. She dragged me into every damn store, wanted to try on every damn piece of clothing, and even browsed through the shoe section for a good thirty minutes. And even if we were having a budget cut, I couldn't say no to her--I never said no to Elizabeth, either.

            That's not to say I didn't enjoy it; I did. I loved seeing that bright smile painted on her lips. I loved watching her face brighten as she spotted an attractive shirt or a cute pair of shoes. Watching Chloe shop made me realize that she isn't the freak people make her out to be. I've actually come to this conclusion the day I met her (which was only yesterday). She may not talk much, she may not smile much, but she does have the personality of a sane person. She giggles at jokes occasionally, she rolls her eyes at incredibly stupid things, and she does that cute little girl squeal when she gets excited. But watching Chloe shop, I saw no kind of insanity inside her. In fact, no one noticed anything wrong about her. She was a normal girl shopping, and that's how everyone saw her. Including me.

            I don't know why this girl tried committing suicide last night (which is another reason why I wanted to stay with her again). I don't know why this girl covers her ears at arguing or loud voices. I don't know why this girl flinches at my slightest touch. I don't know why she constantly checks over her shoulder as if she's being followed. But I do know one thing; Chloe isn't insane. Whatever reason they had for locking her up, I'm pretty positive it wasn't a good one. That girl may be scared or nervous, but she's not crazy or mental. She's just different, as I've told her before. She see things from a different perspective that everyone else just doesn't understand.

            I'm well accustomed with "insane" people. I'd rather not bring up the matter.

            A faint voice made my eyes slowly peel open. I sat still, listening for it again, but nothing came. Sighing, I closed my eyes once more. Again, it didn't take long until the sound of my name rolled through my ears. I propped myself up on my elbows, my eyes squinting in the dark until I saw the small figure in the doorway.