Chapter 2

Hiya (: Sorry I didn't update yesterday. My internet has been a big butthole -.- Enjoy<3

*VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.* ;)

--------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 2 – Harry's P.O.V.

            "You get this room all to yourself tonight," I smiled genuinely as I set Chloe's suitcases in the guestroom.

            I turned to look at her, but saw she was already staring at me. She tore her gaze away immediately, gnawing on her bottom lip as she nervously twiddled her thumbs. I watched her curiously as she stepped an inch into the room, her frantic eyes wandering over it. The balcony, the queen-sized bed, and the small closet opposite it. My favorite part about this apartment was the balconies, especially since we're decently close to the beach. All you have to do is walk across the street, and your feet hit the warm sand and the fresh scent of saltwater overpowers your senses.

            "Do you like it?" I asked her, seeing she was still looking around.

            Chloe didn't move her lips as she slowly nodded her head.

            I smiled, nodding back at her. "All right. Would you like some dinner? Elizabeth said you came all the way from North Carolina. I don't know the distance between there and here, but it has to be multiple hours. You're probably hungry."

            I was desperately trying to get her to speak, but she merely shrugged her shoulders, her eyes locked on me. I mentally sighed at her lack of speaking, but then managed another smile and nodded my head towards the hallway. "Come on, love. You can see if there's anything you like."

            Chloe followed me out the door, still nervously looking around, biting her bottom lip and fumbling with her hands. She was scared, I could tell. It was evident in her face and timid eyes. I can understand her fear, since she doesn't know me and Elizabeth said she's been gone for three years. She must be worried about trying to fit back in or something, but I guess I can do my best to help her get situated.

            "Elizabeth went to the store to get some more sodas," I told Chloe as we entered the kitchen. "She should be back before you know it."

            Chloe nodded again, then her eyes fell onto a barstool. She looked like she didn't know if she were allowed to sit or not.

            "You can sit down, love," I smiled, pulling the chair out for her.

            Chloe hesitated, pursing her lips before she gave me another faint nod. She slid into the chair, but I noticed her entire body was trembling. The poor thing is shaking like a wet dog. But how the hell am I supposed to know what's bothering her if she won't speak? I guess I can try and warm her up to me, but how am I supposed to do that if she won't speak? She needs to talk so we can compromise...

            "You don't talk much, do you?" I asked quietly as I stood opposite her of the counter. My eyes scanned her face intently, but all they were giving me was beauty and fear. Still, I haven't even heard her speak yet. She didn't say a word back at Elizabeth's house, or even in the car ride when we were trying to form conversation.

            Chloe stared back at me, then slowly shook her head.

            "Why not?" I asked softly, not wanting to push her to speak. If she is "mental," I heard they don't like to be questioned.