Chapter 6

I woke up with a splitting headache and an empty cabin.

I nearly had a panic attack, but then I remembered Frank's offer the day before. Then where's my breakfast? I hopped off my bunk hungrily and sniffed around, discovering a plate of cold eggs and bacon on Frank's small desk. A note, too.

I ate the bacon greedily and read the paper. 'Hope you're feeling better. Love, Frank.' I smiled, wiping the grease from my face and finishing off the eggs.

After changing into the signature orange t-shirt and jeans, I used Mandy's comb to brush out my hair. Something was off. I stared at the strands. When did my hair get so long? And why was it so blonde?

I laughed. The sun. Duh. Being out in the sun so much recently obviously made my hair a lighter shade. I was being ridiculous.

I pulled my (sun-lightened) hair into a bun and looked around the cabin for something to do. Honestly, besides the weapons wall, the Ares cabin had nothing entertaining to play with. I sat on my bunk and decided that I'd ask Frank to get me a book when he brought my lunch.

After about an hour of attempting to juggle three smoke grenades I found under Mandy's bed, I heard the door click open. I tossed the grenades back to their original spot and turned to face Frank.

"Hey," he said, closing the door behind me. I looked hungrily at the plate he was holding - mashed potatoes, green beans, and porkchops decorated it - and he laughed.

"Hi," I replied, bouncing over to him. I took the plate and picked up a porkchop with my fingers, taking a big bite. "I was wondering if you could bring me a book or something." I mumbled around a mouth full of food.

Frank shrugged. "I didn't exactly label you as a reader, but I'm sure I can find something for you."

"Thanks."

My brother smiled at me before exiting the cabin and leaving me alone to wallow in self-pity and boredom.

I plopped down on my bunk and let out a sigh. Why was this stuff happening, anyway? Why was I so scared of fire all of a sudden? Weren't my fears supposed to be gone?

More importantly, who was the freaky golden lady in my dream? I guess only time could tell.

I took a bite of my porkchop and stared at the ceiling.

What was going on?

****

A/N

Agh! Sooo sorry for the really, very, extra short update. Also sorry that it took like five million years to upload. Forgive me?

I'll try to update again this week, I swear. This was just a filler.

So, what do you think is happening with Hollie?(;