Chapter 9

Jack sighed, he told Mark everything. From the beginning to the end. Of course Mark had thought that it was weird but had to believe Jack.

They were still seated in the coffee shop for about another hour, after they had figured out a plan.

The two males exited the shop and drove to an abandoned library. "Do you think this will work?" Jack said, chewing on his nails.

"I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot." Mark turned down a gravel road. It seemed that Mark wasn't scared, but to be honest, he was frightened.

The sky was a light gray and it looked like it was going to rain. After a while the gravel road faded into a calm and not bumpy road.

"I'm scared, what if we die?!" Trembles the younger male. His eyes showed fear as Mark looked into them.

"I'll protect you I promise," The floof smiled, trying to get Jack cool and calm. "Everything is just so confusing," Jack sighed.

Indeed everything was confusing. Especially Dark, he is bipolar I guess..

"Didn't you say there was another person?" Mark asked, glancing at Jack every so often. "I forgot! It was Anti! How could I forget?"

"I assume we can just kill him like you can with Dark?" Mark had said, turning the car into the entrance of the abandoned library.

Some of the windows were broken with glass shattered on the sidewalk. It was made out of brick and some vines growing on it.

On the brick walls was some spray painted words that you could barely read. Jack felt a dark vibe radiating the structure.

The two slowly exited out of the car. Both of them walked on the cracked sidewalk. "I'm scared Mark," Jack shivered, looking into Marks eyes.

"Me too Jack, but whatever happens I'll protect you,"  they approached the door. The handle was cold under Marks touch.

Thunder started to rawr in the sky. Lightning could be seen in the distance. It seemed like the storm was a warning for what the males were going to do.

Slowly, the door creaked open, it felt like a horror movie in Jacks perspective. 'How did this all start anyway?' The green haired man thought.

They slowly entered the building. Jack gripped onto Mark for dear life. "Jack, I can't do anything if you keep holding me like that."

"Sorry.."

"Hello Jack... I see you've brought a friend with you"

The two boys jumped by the voice. It was obvious that it was Darkiplier.

"Um...." Jack said, not thinking of what to say.

"Yeah! We are going to destroy you," Mark said with full confidence which made Dark chuckle. "You silly mongoose, you think you can destroy me?"

"Of course, because you're not real," Mark gritted his teeth in pure anger. Jack stood there watching the 'two' bicker and argue.

Jack decided to step in as curiosity took over him, "Aren't you actually Mark but... different?"

"I'm not Mark you fool!"

Tables flung against the old-torn walls. The green male yelped in fear. Mark and Jack ducked as a wooden chair was hauled at them.

Luckily they ducked in time or else they would've been hurt badly. Dark chuckled loudly, "you've survived this round, but will you survive this?"

The floor started to crack as the ground shook. Jack gasped, Mark was unfortunately on the other side with Dark.

"What will you do now Jack?" Dark laughed while throwing Mark in a cage, "Since you don't have this junk protecting you."

Jack pondered for a minute, then remembered the metal Mark had told him to bring. "I will battle you!"

It felt like a game that Jack had played before, where you fight the boss and save the princess or item. In this case he had to save Mark.

The knife in Jacks hand had turned into a sword, and Dark had some weird power. Dark shot the power out of his hand and hit Jack, making him fall on his back.

Jack grunted, "I'll kill you and you will be gone forever,"

"That's not how it works Jackaboy,"

The library seemed to have disappeared and now everyone was in a bright red room, standing on rock.

Darkiplier's wings lashed out of his back enabling him to fly. Jack looked up at him, fear written on his face.

"Jack! You have to kill him!" Mark yelled, "And save me too!"

The demon flew to the side that Jack was at, ready to fight. The green haired man took the first swing with the metal and sharp sword.

Dark obviously dodging it, and shot Jack with the power ball. This was making Jack annoyed.

"Ya! How am I supposed to fight if I don't know how to use this thing?"

Mark yelled from the cage, "Do what those people do on video games!"

That made a lightbulb go off in Jacks head.

Jack swung the sword, scratching Darks arm. Dark hissed and was flaring. He shot more at Jack, but luckily Jack had dodged them.

The fight continued, Dark has minimum health because of Jack. Mark was cheering in the distance. "Goo Jack! You can do it!"

"Shut up you idiot!" The demon yelled using his power to shut the red hair male up.

After Dark finished his sentence, Jack ran. It felt as if the whole universe was in slow motion.

Once he got to Dark, he stabbed the demons stomach. Liquids oozed out of his stomach, and he dropped to his knees.

The cage to where Mark was at opened. The red hair male ran to Jack and cheered. "Mark? I feel funny.."

"What do you mean you feel funny.." Mark said sitting next to the green haired male.

"I don't kno-"

Jack gasped. He was in a hospital with Mark beside him.

"Jack! You're awake!"

The male was confused, 'wasn't I in battle with Darkiplier?' "I came to visit you Jack! But you wouldn't wake up so I took you to the hospital,"

"Oh thanks Mark,"

"No problem," Mark smiled. "Since you're awake, I can take you home!"

The two exited the hospital and hoped into a taxi. "What happened?" Mark asked.

"I'm not sure.." Jack thought. They arrived at Jacks house and entered the building. "Why don't you change and relax while I make food," Mark commanded.

Jack nodded and entered his room. He opened his drawers and picked out clothes, which he had then put on.

He was about to leave his room when something caught his eye. It was a piece of paper on his nightstand.

Jack walked over to the paper and read the note.

I am back... and I brought a friend.

--------------------------The End-------------------------