Chapter 17 - A man's jealousy and a girl's stupidity equals a date

Dedicated to Erika-Summer <3

"You know you look like shit...again," Sam smirks as she appears out of air beside me. I would have had a heart attack if I wasn't already used to it.

"And don't you have anything better to do...again?" I give her a lopsided grin as we make our way to lunch.

She shrugs. "Better than making my making my best friend feel good? Tons. But I'm not really up for it."

I smile at her gently, "I'm fine, Sam. Really."

She will never show it but on the inside she's a real softie. She cares for people just as much as the next person. But she's afraid to show it tol much because she knows how cruel people are. She thinks if she gets too close, she will get damaged beyond repair.

I hope there's someone out there that'll show her that not everyone's cruel. That it's okay to get close. Her 'One Person.'

Someone that I'll never have.

"Seriously bitch?" Sam sighs exasperated as she grabs my arm to halt me to a stop, "I know you're always trying to hide it, but something's been definitely bothering you since this morning. Chloe and Alexis see it too but they're all saying this shit about how to give you time. I say fuck time. It always makes things worse."

I snicker. "You know, pep talks don't necessarily involve all those curses. Did you watch HBO last night? A great pep talk was given by some movie I forgot."

She gives me an unimpressed look, "Nice try. I'm not changing the subject."

"Damn," I mutter.

"Tell. Me."

I stay silent for a moment.

I really need to vent.

I really need to say something to someone.

Maybe...just this one time? Just this one time maybe my petty problems won't be too much for someone?

I bite my lip and nod.

Flashing me a winning smile, she drags me to the courtyard. Few students are scattered around here and there. She drags me to a bench and shoves me with so much force that the bench almost topples over.

"What the hell?" I glare at her.

She shrugs nonchalantly, "Spit it out."

"What are you? A gangsta?" I roll my eyes at her attitude.

She gives me a secretive smile, "Who knows?"

I ignore that part for my sanity and safety and sigh, "Okay, so...Ryder...."

She groans cutting me off, "Oh man! Love problems? Yuck! Why didn't Alexis come? She's the one always watching those movies!"

I scowl at her, "You're the worst pep talker ever! I'm leaving!"

She grabs my arm, no more like pulls it out of it's socket, to stop me.

"Shut up, bitch. You're going to stay right here and tell me what that idiot friend of mine has done!"

Fifteen minutes later and with five hundred gag noises that came from Sam, we are walking to our next classes since lunch seems to be almost over.

Man, am I hungry.

Seeing Sam in deep thought I nudge her, "Hey. What's wrong?"

She gives me a small smile, "Nothing... I'm just thinking."