Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Home. Home at last. After a week in the hospital they final let me go. Ellie verbs a complete and utter angel. She hardly cries, I don't know how I got so lucky. When we arrive home, Harry helps me from the backseat and I bring Ellie's car seat with me I'm hand. I've, for the most part gotten over the pain. Nothing really Advil can't fix. "Okay... Now, close your eyes!" Harry says excitedly, taking Ellie's car seat from my hands.

"What are you doing..." I ask, very suspicious of his intentions. Harry always had something up his sleeve, some surprise, and now that we'll be living together I guess we better get used to it.

"I have a surprise," he insists and I roll my eyes. "You're gonna like it. I promise!"

I cover my eyes with one hand and slowly manoeuvre myself through the house. My bare feet gripping the hardwood beneath me. In his free hand, his hand cradles mine. A few minutes go by when I'm sure I've only went in circles. "Okay..." I hear a door open, "look!"

I stand in the middle of a pink and purple room. Colours layered and bouncing over each other. An extravagant crib that looks like something that's been restored from historian times sits in the corner of the room. Wooden letters are hung up on the wall spelling out 'Ellie'. I look around, soaking in within a 360 view. It's the kinda nursery mothers dream of creating, but end up settling for less. It's like a dream. I don't think I could've done anything like this. "Harry, it's beautiful!" A tear comes to my eyes as I run for his arms. The fastest I've moved in the last week since I've delivered Ellie. "When did you have the time?"

He shrugs and kisses my cheek.

"I'm glad you like it. That's all that matters."

Ellie starts to whine from her car seat and I lean down, unbuckling her and pulling her out. "Welcome home baby girl." I whisper, kissing her forehead and playing with the bleach blonde hair like fur on her head. She sooths as soon as I snuggle her. That's her favourite thing. Snuggles and cuddles. She's our little Ellie bear, and I can't get enough of her.

I turn to look at Harry who has his phone out, smiling behind the screen. "This is the kind of welcoming home you get when you come into this family!" He chuckles and his laugh makes me blush. Also the fact that I know he's filming. He brings down the phone and kisses me sweetly which I try to deepen. "Not yet missy! Picture first."

"Ugh! Harry! I haven't showered in like three days, it's gross!" I snarl at even the idea of having this in a photo.

"I think you're hot." He says with a sudden raspy voice, pulling the camera into selfie view. My eyes going to Ellie, her small, unintentional smile brightening me up.

Harry nuzzles into the crease of shoulder and neck, staring down at Ellie. The picture snaps and I observe him, staring upon his angel. His little girl. I take the phone and pass her over. "Let me get a very first photo with daddy!"

We upload the photos to our instagrams and for once in the time span we've been together, not a single soul is negative. Only positive, expressing love towards our little Ellie. And not only how cute she is. But how cute we are. Maybe, just maybe, there is a new beginning in everything and everyone. Maybe there is something about true love that changes not only the people in it, but the people around it.

•••

Christmas has always been my favourite holiday. Always. Every since I could talk, I've been asking when Christmas is coming. It's apart of me. And now I finally get to share it with my own family. Ellie sits between my legs on her back while I tickle her belly. Laughs escaping the precious little angel. Harry and I pass presents back and forth as we sit in front of the Christmas tree like children. Every time we open something, we squeal with joy. A lot of the stuff we receive from our friends and family are things to do with Ellie, which I couldn't be more thankful for. The less I have to leave the house, the better. She doesn't need to have candids posted of her at this age. Not ever for that matter.

Harry peels off the wrapper, one I had wrapped late last night when it finally arrived. It's a framed picture from the photos we got taken a few days back. They shouldn't have got here yet, but I made a rush order. His eyes are what I love most. His reaction when he saw it. It's a photo where the three of us are on the floor, Ellie in the middle. Our lips both pushed into the middle of her cheeks. Her laugh extravagant, although she can't even say a word. The picture is perfect, and now that I see his reaction, I love it even more.

I change Ellie's diaper and put her into a new, warm onesie, sent from Ed. Harry spoiled me this year. With a Polaroid and new camcorder. A new pair of earrings, and a fancy vintage jewellery box. The list flows on. "Okay, this one next." He smiles, pulling a silver ornament, hanging from the tree.

"That's a very nice ornament?" I point out with raised eyebrows and a small laugh while tickling Ellie.

"But take a closer look. Please?"

I look back over to the ornament. Silver and sparkly with snowflakes. It is a very nice ornament, but I don't see what's so special. With Harry's protest, I pull the ball from his hands, spinning it within my fingertip, while Ellie gazes over the sparkles. "It's beautiful, babe." I assure him but when I try to hand it over to him he shakes his head.

"Open it."

I swoop my fingernail between the halves and it pops open. I've seen this once already. But in a completely different atmosphere. In a completely different situation. The cushion in the the ornament is white and fluffy while the same diamond ring sits there in harmony. Sparkling away like no body's business. I can't take my eyes off of it, but at the same time I have no idea what to say. He's mentioned it multiple times, getting married that is, but I just didn't... Expect it.

"I went about it all the right ways this time." He says out of focus. "I asked your dad first. He gave me his permission. And welcomed me to the family." I don't reply and I can't tell if it's because I'm too concentrated or nervous. "Look, I know I don't have a job, yet! But my manager is working on it. She'll get me signed to some new label here in the states and it'll all be okay... As long as I have you and Ellie. That's all I want."

I set the ring down and rush to Harry's lips, framing his face in my hands. Our lips press and play. "Yes." I say, my voice vibrating his lips. He places the ring on my finger and instead of kissing me again, he hugs me.

Wrapping his arms around me. Setting his chin in the crease of my neck. A tear falls from my eyes. I didn't think this would happen. Not now, anyway. I thought that maybe I've turned him down too many times. But no, he stayed. Locked in. And I guess that maybe things don't always turn out the way I want them. How anyone wants them for that matter. But if there is one thing I've learned, it's that people come into your life for a reason. To teach you something, show you something. And maybe in some strange way, this whole adventure I've been through was just some strange test. Because this is where I'm supposed to be. With my fiancé and beautiful daughter.

Ellie let's out a coo, so I break from Harry and cradle her in my arms. She's so fascinated by everything. By life itself. And I never want that to change. I want her to keep her sparkle until forevermore. She needs to. Because life is hard, and rough. She's my daughter, and if she's anything like me, she's gonna have a hella time finding her place in this world. She'll find it though, I'm sure of it. She's just gotta smile for the cameras and get on her way cause she's better than any stupid tabloid or candid. She's better because she's Harry's daughter. She'll figure it out someway.

"Do you like mommy's ring?" I ask and even though she had no ideas what it means, she laughs and smiles. Her smile is exactly like Harry's, her dimples just increasing the fact. She's got my eyes though, and I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad one. I want her to be just like Harry. He's so strong, it's like he can take anything. She needs that quality. "Harry, can I tell ya something?" I say, still looking at Ellie.

"Of course, babe. What is it?"

I turn to see his sparkly eyes, and dimpled smile, "I've never been happier."

A/N

Holy moly. It's over. Done. Gone. Bye bye. I feel nearly shattered. The memories I've created with you through this just makes me so happy. You've been so wonderful. You've got me past 10k reads on this and over 500 votes and I just love you all so much. I hope we can make new memories together on Winding Wheel. Until then, chest out Sanctuary. A Haylor fanfic by FanficsbyBrooke. sooooooo good!!!

Love Ashley :)