Chapter Twenty-Six.

I'm not feeling the greatest today and I've only been in the hospital but over a day. Just the thought of dinner makes my stomach burn. The nurses aren't worried about it, which eases Harry but he has to keep himself busy. It's dark outside, around the time of eight or so. I'm curled up on my side to try and ease the ache. Harry is sitting by the window on his phone. "What are you doing over there, busy bee?" I try to laugh but it hurts my head.

"Sending this girl some messages."

"Girl?" I say lazily.

"On twitter. I think her name is Maddy. She's been nothing but a supporter of us and I just thought I should take the time to thank her." He looks of from his phone and sets it on the side table. "How are you feeling."

"Worse." I whine and pay the bed for him to come join me. "Please?" He turns down the lights before cuddling up close to me. I turn so I'm resting against his chest. He's always so warm, and the feeling he gives off is indescribable. Although I'm aching all over and I can hardly handle my discomfort of being pregnant. "I didn't think it was gonna end up like this." I whisper against the cloth of his t-shirt.

"Quite the opposite, ain't it?" I don't reply and just take a deep breath. "Everything happens for a reason though. Maybe this is just where we belong."

"Have you heard anything about Ali?" I ask in a whisper. More than half asleep.

"She's doing really well. I saw her while you were napping this afternoon. They've put her in some therapy. After years of abuse it's bound to affect you."

"Are we gonna be happy?" I mumble.

"Define happy." He says.

I prepare myself for each word with a large inhale. "Get that feeling every time we see each other. That 'oh my god I'm so lucky' Feeling. Even if it's only been five minutes. I want the tabloids to rave about us, instead of putting us down. I want our fans to 'relationship' us or... whatever it's called. I want us to be 80 and living hand in hand with no regrets." I pause and adjust myself. "I want Ellie to be proud of us."

"She will be." He presses his lips to the top of my head. It's the last thing I hear before my mind takes me to another place. Where indeed, where my dreams of being happy, come true.

•••

I let out a screech of pulsing pain from the bottom of my stomach and Harry immediately jolts to my side from his sleeping position. It feels like intense period cramps beginning in one spot and slowly spreading. A nurse rushes in the room and the light flashes on which aches my head. The feeling only lasts about a minute, if that. And as soon as it releases I look at the nurse's distressed eyes. "What the hell was that?!" I ask scared.

I describe the uncomfortable feeling and a smile slowly grows at her lips. "I'll be right back." She says before running off.

"What the fuck?!" Harry says standing, "where the fuck is she going?!"

"Harry, don't worry. It's not hurting. She said she'll be right back." I smile and take his hand, pulling him back to my side. He rubs his groggy eyes and he messes up his already bed head hair. We sit for a few minutes. Time slowly ticking by and Harry gets way too anxious. His fists clenching. He gets up again to find her but I pull him back, assuring him I'm fine. He rolls his eyes, unimpressed. I kiss his cheek, whispering in his ear. "I love when you're protective."

Harry turns to look me and presses his lips at my forehead just between and above my eyebrows. "I love you in general." He adds.

But before I can embrace this precious moment the evil devil like pain is back in the pit of my stomach. Bringing back the worst period like cramps every experienced. I let out scream and the nurse runs back in the room, clipboard in hand. "Same feeling?" She asks.