Reunited

She gently stroked her fingers along the green silken sheets. Pressing her cheek to the silver velvet pillows, Esmeralda shifted and continued reading.

"Her eyes travelled to the lake, which lay behind the castle, just visible from where she lay. A deep sense of serenity overcame her as she stared at the expanse of glittering blue that lay before her. The lake was brighter than the colours of her dreams."

With a roll of her eyes at such frivolous nonsense, Esmeralda threw the book across the dorm room. Why had that rubbish been lying on her bed?

Probably a cruel joke of her fathers. As if separating her from Philip and Tom wasn't bad enough. She rubbed her temple as she remembered Dumbledore's rather pale but angered face. He'd taken her from Philip and Tom moments after Tom removed the necklace that bound her.

Dumbledore had no right and no real reason. She knew Philip was furious but she knew that Tom's anger would be beyond words. She found she couldn't help but miss Tom. His cold eyes and knowing smirk. She even missed his temper. But she missed his touch more than words could say.

And he loved to touch her - never in the same place, in places others wouldn't dare touch, her hands, her white hair... His cold would seep into her being and he comforted her in a way no one else ever could. He was dark and dangerous. Her equal in every way.

Sitting up and she checked the time with a sigh. Everyone else would be arriving at Hogwarts soon. Including Tom...

She made her way down into the common room where the silence seemed to creep in around her. She'd never heard or seen the common room so quiet. It unnerved her slightly. She was alone, caught in her father's trap.

"Take me back!"

His blue eyes bored into hers and the anger in them scared her slightly. She pulled her arm, but it remained locked in his tight grasp. He loomed over her.

"You were forbidden to take the necklace off!" Dumbledore whispered.

"I didn't take it off, Tom did!" Esmeralda yelled in return.

"It was there to protect you." Her father said, fire blazing in his eyes.

Reaching up she clawed at his face. The portraits in her father's office gasped. His grip loosened as he flinched from her nails and Esmeralda pulled herself free. She stumbled away from him, watching as red lines appeared on his aging face.

"I don't need you protection." She snarled, "I never needed it and I don't want it!"

Dumbledore watched her, his shoulders sagging slightly.

"Helena-"

"Excuse me?" Esmeralda said sharply.

Dumbledore turned pale as he reached behind him and grasped his desk as if to steady himself.

"Is that what this is about?" Esmeralda snarled slowly, "You hid me because I look like her?"

Dumbledore lowered himself onto his desk looking horrified and defeated.

"No I-"

"It may have escaped your notice father, but I am not my mother." Esmeralda said in a deadly calm voice that cut through his feeble one.

Dumbledore nodded weakly.

"I'm sorr-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR MEANINGLESS APOLOGIES!" Esmeralda screamed.