4

7 Years Ago

Kendall's birthday was a week from now and you were panicking. What were you going to get her? It was such a tough decision because you didn't want to get her anything that screamed out I really like you but you didn't want to get her a cheap gift. 

Khloé was the only one who knew about the crush you had on Kendall, she encouraged you to tell the girl but you'd always counter her with an excuse. You were surprised the sister hadn't said anything, if anything everyone would've known already but you were thankful she didn't bring it up to anyone. You also told her about the little kiss you two shared and how it was your first, she got really excited which lead to your embarrassment. 

Your mom had to work so Khloé volunteered to babysit you, which you didn't need. You were happy to hang out with Khloé though, despite her always talking about you and Kendall she was entertaining. 

"Hey Y/N, how are you doing?" She asked walking in taking a seat on the couch. You sat next to her when she gave you the look where she was about to bring up Kendall. "So Kendall's turnign 16 next week. What're you getting her?" She inquired and your face went lighter as you didn't know. You thought the girl would be mad but she smiled "Good because you and I are getting her gift together" She got up and held her hand out to you. You got up and walked out the door with her. 

You guys arrived to the mall and walked around talking, avoiding paps and looking for thing Kendall might like. You guys were in a jewelry store and you were admiring the beautiful things they had, you walked over to a counter and you saw the perfect gift. It was a necklace with the later 'K' studded with diamonds. You had to get that for Kendall, it was just to pretty; like her. 

Khloé walked over to what you were admiring and when she saw it her eyes widened. "Y/N that's beautiful, get it for her!" Khloé exclaimed excitedly. You got the attention of the salesperson, he walked over and sent a charming smile towards the two of but you didn't care, you just pointed at the necklace and he grabbed it looking at the price and his eyes widened. 

"Are you sure, you have the finances to pay this?" He asked uneasily, as he examined the necklace. 

"How much is it?" You asked and he frowned "It's um 700 dollars" He told you and you shrugged and studied the necklace, it was simple yet beautiful. The more you saw it the more you fell in love with it, you looked to Khloé and she winked at you and smiled. "I like it" You nodded and pulled out $700, you laid it down on the table. The guy, shocked handed over the necklace and the two of you walked out. 

It was one day, one day until Kendall's birthday and party. The whole week you kind of avoided her trying to stray away from social interaction. You were trying to get the topic off of that and all that Kylie seemed to to talk about. 

You were so nervous for the party, you felt like you'd embarrass yourself in front of everyone.      The problem with Kylie bringing it up was you being lost in thought. It didn't help the anxiety you were having thinking if she didn't like your gift, or if she just didn't want you there period. You know these things were not likely to happen but the thoughts still swarmed your mind. 

When you got home you spent your time watching the Kardashians, it was kind of surreal to watch your friends on tv and going through issues that have been resolved already. Your mom got home and she said hi to you from the kitchen. She walked in and took a seat. "The Kardashians, nice" She smiled and you nodded, the two of you watched it together. 

It was 11pm and you were ready for bed, you waved to your mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek before going to your room. You sat up all night thinking about the party, well mostly about the party. You also were having thoughts on how you knew Ken when she was 12 and now she's 16. It's kind of crazy to think about it like that, thoughts like this kept you up at night. 

The morning of her party you changed outfits five times, redone your hair seven and too many times to count on looking in the mirror. You finally found an outfit that was cute and looked nice on you, before you left you made sure you have everything. You grabbed her gift and exited the room. 

"Honey you look beautiful" Your mom complimented and you smiled walking to the car with her. On the way there your nails were demolished, you bit them to where they were not able to bite. You got out of the car with your mom, the two of you were very early but your mom didn't care. 

You knocked on the door and Kendall opened it, when she saw you she gave you a big and long hug. "Kenny! Happy birthday" She smiled and thanked you. You guys went inside and you saw that the rapper named Tyga was here. Him and Kylie were talking about god knows what but she seemed interested in it. 

You ran to Kylie and gave her a hug when she hugged you from the side. You were helping with somethings while trying to get through the cameramen. You didn't know it was that evident that you don't like the cameramen but Kendall noticed. "Yea, they're a bit annoying" You admitted and she nodded. 

When people started arriving you started to socialize with some people when Kendall started to talk with you. You were outside and everyone was loud as ever. Your conversations were most of the time inaudible because of the noise but Kendall still seemed interested. 

While you and Kendall were sitting down, you decided to tell her that you didn't have your first kiss before that. When you brought it up her eyes widened. "Oh that's terrible I'm so sorry" You shook your head "No it's fine I didn't mind" You tilted your head and smiled at her. "Really?" You nodded a little 'Yeah" You don't know if was a dream but you felt as if it were a dream the two of you were about to kiss until Kim got her up and spoke, after everyone said something nice about Kendall we decided to open gifts

She opened everyone's gifts and your was last. She seemed so excited you don't know why but she did. She pulled out the necklace and gasped staring at you, "This is awesome I love you so much!" She yelled out kissing your cheek making it red. 

"I'm glad you do" You smiled at her enjoying her 16th birthday, she looked beautiful, as always and she was so happy. You wish you could say love you too but it probably would be too weird. Maybe she also liked you back like Khloé said, the two of you were about to kiss until it got broken up, it was upsetting to the face that you were so close yet so far.