3

8 Years Ago

13 years old, it was like some type of passageway. You were deemed as older and mature because you were a teen, or at least that's how you felt on your birthday. You felt as if you were able to hang out with 19 year olds and they'd be down with it. The day after your birthday you felt the same. 

"I can't wait for high school, the boys, parties and all the good stuff" Kylie was talking about her excitement for high school. Kendall was in 9th grade now and she was on the cheerleading team. Kylie would always have to wait for practice to be over so she could get picked up and you asked your mom if she would be able to pick you up later. 

The only reason you asked your mom if you could stay was because of Kendall, it was great to keep Kylie company while she was waiting for Kendall but you'd always watch Kendall from the bleachers admiring her. Kylie would usually complain about how boring it was and you'd just nod as you watched Kendall's movements. 

On a Friday after cheerleading practice Kendall walked up to you while Kylie was talking to one of her other friends. "Hey Y/N, tonight I'm having a couple of friends over and I was wondering if you'd like to join? You can stay over also." She asked looking down kicking some of the rocks in her distance. You tried to to play it cool but you couldn't and ended up grinning. "I'd love to come, is Kylie going to be there?" She shook her head. "Nope, her mom and dad are going somewhere for her, I didn't want to go" Kendall stated nonchalantly shrugging her shoulders. Before either one of you could say anything Kylie came back. 

"Hey guys, what'd I miss?" She asked cheerfully, both you and Kendall avoided eye contact with her and shrugged. You saw your moms car pull in the drive way. "Oh my ride's here, see you later guys" You yelled out to them while running your mom's car. 

"Hey honey, how was your day?" Your mom asked as you took a seat in the car. "Good, oh and mom can I go to Ken's?" You asked as you drummed your fingers on your lap. "Of course, let's stop by the house to get you some clothes" When you got home you went to your room and scoped it out looking for any clothes. You grabbed some clothes and you put it in a bag.  

You walked downstairs and smiled at your mom as the two of you left the house. In the car you turned up the music and started to do your subtle dances. Your subtle dances turned into you wildly moving your arms around while using your air-mic. You didn't even notice you were at Kendall's and you heard her giggling. 

"Um uh Kendall.. it's this is just.. I um" You were out of words embarrassed that she witnessed you flailing your arms around. She laughed and hugged you when you got out of the car. "Glad you could make it" Your mom waved goodbye to you and drove off. 

You walked in Kendall's house to see about five other people there. "Kendall you brought fresh meat" A guy smirked and you saw Kendall glare at him and nudge him. "Y/N this is Jason, he's unique" Kendall laughed at his offended face. You all started to laugh at their banter. 

You guys had been talking when another one of Kendall's friends, Vanessa suggested on playing spin the bottle. Everyone agreed but you were hesitant at first. "Aww c'mon Y/N don't be chicken" Jason teased as he started to imitate a chicken. Kendall slapped his arm. "Ouch" He moaned rubbing his arm.

You agreed to play and when they got a bottle Kendall went first and spun it, it landed towards Jason. The two brought their lips together and you scrunched your face in disgust. You didn't want to shield your face and be deemed the nickname "Virgin Mary" or something like that. You tried your best to avoid their interaction but you couldn't. When they broke apart, Jason smiled victoriously. He must've had a crush on her, you could tell by the giddy smile on his face after kissing Kendall. 

While other people were going Kendall's eye were on you. You didn't make eye contact, you were too afraid to. You felt as if you did you thought your feelings would pour out to her in just one glance. When it was your turn to spin the bottle, you spun it and you saw where it was pointing. You looked up slowly and it was Kendall. 

The room filled with everyone saying "Ooo" you saw Kendall glare at them and you kind of shrunk back. "When you scooted towards her she whispered to you. "You don't have to do this, you know that right?"  You nodded "Yea, I'm not chickening out though" You told her and she nodded. 

You couldn't believe it, you were about to kiss Kendall. You weren't going to mention it to her but this was your first kiss. Kendall was going to be your first kiss. She went slow and she was being very careful as if she would break you. Before she brought her lips to yours she took one last look in your eyes before bringing her lips to yours. 

The kiss felt like an eternity but in reality it was about 30 seconds. When you pulled away you noticed Kendall's little smile on her face. You also had a smile but it was more like Jason's smile though, a giddy one. 

It was 11 and everyone started to go home, confused you looked to Ken. "Well, I thought we could just talk and all" She shrugged getting on the couch. She patted the spot next to her. "Come sit Y/N" You took a seat and she turned to you. 

"Did you have fun tonight?" She asked and you nodded. "Oh and don't mind Jason, he's a big flirt" She laughed rolling her eyes. You got upset when she brought up his name, all you could picture was the two of them kissing. "Do you like him?" You asked while picking at your nails. "Ugh definitely not" She sounded disgusted when you asked. You brought your eyes to hers "Why not" she shrugged "We're friends it'd be weird" You nodded and looked back down. Fingers lifted your chin back up. "Hey, don't be shy, we've known each other for two year" She said to you and smiled when you guys made eye contact. For a second she frowned.

"It was the kiss, wasn't it?" You for a second thought about her and Jason kissing and you thought she knew that you had feelings. It took you a second to realize she was talking about the kiss you both shared. "Oh no, it was definitely not the kiss" She looked skeptical but nodded. "So what's up then" She looked concerned, her hand was resting on top of yours. 

"It's uh nothing" You tried to reassure her but she wasn't having it. "Y/N, just tell me what's up" She pouted and you giggled. "You're cute when you pout" You commented smiling. "That's the smile I like to see" She said happily. 

You guys were watching a movie when all of a sudden you heard the door click open. You and Kendall looked at each other with wide eyes. Kendall got up slowly and gestured for you to stay put. She walked to the front door and you heard her scream and someone laugh. 

"Ken you should've seen your face, my god" Khloé was clutching her stomach while laughing and Kendall had her arms crossed glaring at Khloé. "It's not funny Khlo, what're you doing here anyway?" Ken looked so pissed, when Khloé stopped laughing she stood up and saw you standing next to Kendall. "Y/N, why're you here? Ken wasn't supposed to have anyone here" Khloé smirked and Kendall's face dropped. "Please don't tell mom" Kendall begged and Khloé nodded and winked at Ken. "I got you baby sis"

"Buttttt while I'm here I may just stay the night with you guys" You nodded and the three of you and went to the couch and finished the movie. You were looking at Kendall and you felt Khloé nudge you. She looked between you and Kendall and winked at you, she leant towards your ear and whispered "I know you like Kenny" The smirk on her face was evident after she saw your face, that confirmed it. She gestured zipping her lips sending you another wink when Kendall turned to the both of you. 

"What're you guys doing?" She questioned looking between the two of you. "Just go back to the movie Ken" Khloé nodded her head to the tv and she turned back. During sometime in the movie Ken wrapped her arm around your waist and you rested your head on her shoulder. 

Everyday you had kept falling for the girl, you couldn't help it no matter what, she was a gift. You turned your head to look at her and saw her snoring softly. You smiled at her and you heard Khloé get up, she came back and put a blanket on the both of you. "Goodnight you love birds" You turned to Khloé and she smiled softly at you. "I can tell Ken likes you, a lot" You didn't think she was right but it was comforting to know that someone thinks you have a chance with Kendall.