•The Beginning•

CH 1

I and what was left of my very small group walked for a very long time,trying to out run the ghosts that wandered behind us. We had lost more than half of our group and it was all my fault. I felt the guilt weighing on me, only to be snapped out of my thoughts when the group suddenly stopped. I walked to the front to see what was going on, only to noticed a horde of zombies crowded around. They were attacking another semi small group. I turned and looked at my group only to see them shaking their heads. They refused to help in fear of losing the what was left of the group. They turned and walked in the other direction, ignoring the mayhem behind them. I couldn't blame them, I knew they wouldn't survive if they did help and they knew that to. I snapped my head back when a scream came from in the middle of the zombies. I looked down at my feet, as they had yet to move with my group. I couldn't just abandon the other group, i wasn't going to make that mistake twice. I grabbed my gun and didn't think twice. I run straight towards the rotten corpses. I knew exactly how much ammo i had left and didn't care. My first shot hit a zombie in the head and it didn't even hit the floor before i killed the next. I grabbed a zombie by its way out of fashion shirt and pushed it away and shot it in the head. I looked back at were the zombie had been to see a small red hair girl laying on the hood of a car, she must have been pinned down by it. I could see her face was riddled with shock, which was not good for her. The coma like state she was in caused her not to see the zombie behind her about to make her it early dinner. I took my knife and threw it at its head. It hit the ground with the knife perfectly in its eye.

"Bullseye"

I mumbled as i walked over to the redhead, a little pissed at her carelessness. I picked up her bat and threw it against her chest, maybe a little to hard. She got the hint though and got her head back in the game. I had exactly 3 bullets left and before i knew it I was out. I was pushed up against a wall by a zombie and had no where to run. I only had one option left, let it come. It was two feet away from me and I was trying to hold my lunch down as I could see all the flesh from its pasts victims. As soon i felt it's rotten hand brush my upper arm I kicked my leg out and rapped it around its left leg knocking it down. I grabbed what I assumed was some scrap metal and plunged it into its brain. I cut my hand in the process due to the fact that I had to use a lot of pressure to get it in. My breathing was heavy and I could hear my heart was ringing in my ear. I rolled over on my back. Not really caring that other group was looking at me. I sighed.

"Hey nice to meet yah, I'm y/n or you can just call me the badass girl who saved all of your asses"

I didn't even get up or do anything. I just looked straight up. Chuckles were all around me. A few seconds later a shadow cast over me as someone stood above me.

"I'm Roberta Warren, it's nice to meet you y/n"

She offered her hand and I grateful gladly took it. Once I was on my feet i saw the rest of the group. I scanned over them and noticed they were a very wired looking group. Come on one was completely blue!! Warren told me every ones name and I got a personal thank you from the red haired girl, who turned out to be called Addy. She wasn't that bad. They asked a lot of questions like, how I came a cross them, if i were heading somewhere, and if I was alone. I already knew my group left me, I knew before the first bullet left my gun. They would have done it eventually. If I over slept or went on a run they wouldn't be there when I would have come back. I told the suspicious people standing in front of me that I had a group but this huge wave of zombies came we out ran it for awhile, but we had kids and had to rest no matter how much a begged to keep going. Eventually are consequences for her actions came and I was the only one left. They seemed to believe me, this world kinda make you a good liar after awhile and not of it was fake.

"Well we do owe you. You can come with us, but under one rule no questions I still have to get to make sure you can be trusted."

Warren said as she looked at the other group members making sure they got the message. She was kinda like a mother more then a leader. I understood why she was protective, they are more like a family.

"I was never the person to say no to a free ride."

We all started walking to a really run down and beat up truck, but hey no complaints from me. Addy,Warren, Doc, Mack and Murphy squeezed into the front and Garnett took the wheel. Me and a boy named 10k in the bed of the truck. The engine came to life and we started going. The sun was setting and every once in awhile Warren would look in the mirror and look at me, just to make sure I was not doing something that could call for suspension. I looked over at the strange boy who sat across from me. He wouldn't make eye contact or even look at me, only when I wasn't looking would he actually do something.

"Soooo why 10k?"

I said trying to see if this boy had any vocal chords. He looked at me wired for a seconds

"Why what?"

He clearly didn't understand my question, damn I really hate when I have to explain myself

"Why you'd chose 10k as a name?"

"It's how many zom..."

"I figured that, I mean why did you chose the number 10,000. You literally could have chosen from in infinite amount of numbers. Why 10,000?"

I said as I cut him off, he seemed surprised. Like literally he wasn't speaking.

"Wow am I really that shocking, first girly (Addy) and now you. Damn I learn knew things everyday."

I could see a smile starting to grow on him. He was quite cute I had to say. Little did I know that this strange boy would someday kill me.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"Haven't edit it yet because I'm a lazy fuck!"

Haha I'm evil. Well this is the end one the first chapter, let's hope the rest won't be a crash and burn. Thanks for reading, but now I'm going to go pass out. Peace my children.

🖤ODC🖤

10k x reader THE DEATH OF MEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें