"My waffle is getting cold mama" Daniel stated as he looked up at me. It was a good thing he broke me away from my thoughts when he did, or else I would've started crying.

"Are you alright mama?" My son asked sweetly.

"Y-yeah baby I'm fine. Just make sure you brush your teeth after you eat." I say before putting my dishes into the sink. "Just try not to get your uniform dirty" I said to him, giving him a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen and into my bedroom.

When I arrive there, I make my way over to the locked safe that I keep hidden away from Daniel. I then pull out the old photos of his mother and I.

I smile softly at the picture of our teenage selves. I remember this day as if it were yesterday....

"Ooh, this one is cute." Dinah said, looking at the stuffed rabbit on the wall. "Do you want me to win it for you?" She asked her girlfriend. Normani nodded and watched as Dinah paid for the basketball game.

She received one ball but was granted three tries. If she makes the ball three times, she wins the huge stuffed rabbit.

Dinah stretches her calf muscles and her arms, which makes her girlfriend giggle. The tall blonde then steps up to the counter, ready to play the game. She positions her fingers on the ball and plants her feet. She raises her arms and shoots.

Score

The man behind the counter gives her the ball back. She repeats her actions and scores again.

Dinah smiles and turns around to see her girlfriend already looking at her. The younger girl places her hands on Normani's waist and pulls her closer.

"Good luck kiss?" She asked smugly.

Normani blushed and nodded. Dinah then pushed her lips into her girlfriend's. The kiss lasted a few seconds before the taller girl pulled away.

Normani still had her eyes closed as Dinah pulled away, and positioned herself back in her spot...ready to score again.

The kiss was still lingering on Normani's lips. It felt as if it was their first kiss all over again. Even though that was about two dates ago. This was their fifth date and Dinah still knew how to make the older girl feel like she was floating on cloud 9.

"Boom! I told you I was gonna win it for you! I won this for you, baby!" Dinah yelled excitedly as the man handed her the stuffed rabbit. The 16 year old girl stood in front of her girlfriend as she held onto the stuffed animal. "Babe?"

Normani opened her eyes and realised what was going on. She smiled and thanked the taller girl before taking her present. "It's because of my good luck kiss."

They walked to the bench with their arms wrapped around one another.

Normani was smiling widely at the rabbit, but mostly because Dinah was being her usual cocky self.

They reached the bench and took a seat, Normani placing the stuffed animal against the wall next to them. They sat hand in hand while Dinah continued talking.

"I'm gonna be a star. I wanna go pro!" Dinah said to her girlfriend who smiled.

Normani nodded, "And you will if you keep your grades up."