Chapter One

Chapter One- I Remember Tears Streaming Down Your Face

I stare down at my medical band in confusion. I trace the edges of my finger as I feel the flash of a memory briefly pass through my mind, of Jason's fingers interlaced with mine. 

He's gone. 

I close my eyes, hoping to stop it from flooding in. I see darkness instead of the flash of a memory and breathe deeply. I look around me, hoping that maybe I'll recognize something, but I don't. I'm in a vehicle of some sort, because I can feel the ground moving beneath me. The walls are steel, and my silver handcuffs rub against my medical bracelet and wrists painfully. I'm dressed in grey fitted pants and a solid black vneck tshirt and black boots. Not unlike my old uniform. 

You failed to bring them all back. 

My head bangs against the wall as the vehicle comes to an abrupt stop. I hear footsteps around the vehicle and then open the doors. A gruff and surly looking man stands holding the doors open. Beyond him is a dark tunnel, lined with stones. An underground train. 

"Get out," the man commands me. 

I stand up slowly and walk out, feeling like I'm in a sort of haze. Have they drugged me? I wonder.

Immediately the man grabs my cuffs and chains me to a longer chain, which I see already has other prisoners attached further up. After locking me on, he walks up to the front of the chain. 

"Follow me," he says, his voice echoing through the tunnel. He waves his hand over his shoulder, and we shuffle behind him, up to a platform, just as the train peels out of the deserted, colorless station. We follow him up a set of narrow stairs, and then we're in what is easily identifiable. A prison. 

Bars cover the small windows. The walls are built from sturdy grey brick. Metal detectors are set up at every threshold. Guards, heavily armed, stand on duty, all around the room. The place has a grimness that only comes with captivity. 

"Stand in a line," the man commands us. The guards eye us suspiciously as we file into a line. One by one, they release us from the chain, grab our cuffs, and lead us down the thin hallway, two at a time, into cells, which they quickly lock. 

I'm the last in line. There were an odd number of prisoners, so I guess they'e putting me alone. A guard grabs me and leads me through a maze of cells filled with silent prisoners, deeper and deeper into the prison.  Maybe I'm isolated because of who I am. But no one knew of my powers except the Queen, Black Moon, and Blue Star. 

He knew. And he was trying to save me. 

They can't know. At least, not yet. I have a feeling that they would be pressing me for information if they knew who I was. I keep my head down as I foolow the guard. It feels like we've been walking for a long time,  but we finally stop. I look up and see that I'm standing in front of a cell, but higher tech. It's got a steel wall, and a steel door, locked with a thick padlock. I see the keys dangling from my guard's belt loop, which must open the cells. The cell has windows of a sort facing the hallway, barred, of course. The cell number reads 713. I lock the number into my mind. The guard presses his keys into the padlock and the heavy door opens slowly, revealing the inside of the cell. It's not tiny, but it's not large. Two beds are pushed against either side of the walls. A table sits in the center of the back wall, jutting out, held by thick chains. Two chairs, wooden, sit beside the table, on which sits a stack of paper and pens. A clock, its hands ticking slowly, sits high on the wall. Tick, tock.

There's a small window, barred, and covered with frosted bulletproof glass. I can barely make out the glow of the moon through it. I hear the distant sound of waves crashing on rocks. 

He did save me. But I lost him. 

There is a bucket of water in the corner. The room is otherwise bare. I notice ropes on the ground. 

The guard roughly shoves me in. The door seals behind me quickly, and I am left standing in what is now home. Click clock, goes the door. 

Did they make it out alive? Kris. Ethan. Did they? 

I walk over to the chair and stand up carefully. I look down and see that my cell is inside a cliff. The water actually splashes up to the walls. The prison itself only rises one floor above the ground, hundreds of feet above me. All I can see from my cell is the ocean below me and the sky above me. The water stretches endlessly in the distance, shrouded by a deep fog. Not unlike the one I see when I close my eyes. I hear water dripping somewhere. Drip drop. 

Do they know where I am? 

I get down from the chair and look around what is now my home. 

713. 

Tick, tock. Click, clock. Drip, drop. 

I am alone.

**************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! It's been a long time :) I missed you guys! My wattpad felt so silent. I know this chapter is kind of short, but I haven't had alot of time lately. And if you noticed, the chapters are lyrics from Safe and Sound, the song Alyssa sang as Jason died.

What do you think about Alyssa? And about what's going on in her head? Lemme know in the comments! 

Vote! Comment! Fan! <3 I love ya'll so much! 

Update: Thursday or Friday. Depending on how much homework I have. :P

Quota:

10 votes

10 comments

1 new fan 

Yep, starting small for the second book :) <3 

Love forever, 

Ari <3