chapter 2

I was sitting at a lunch table waiting to be dismised for first period. As I waited I couldn't help but stare out the giant window in the cafiterea. I had a direct veiw of the forest from where I was sitting. I was so caught up in the the forest, because it was hiding so much from me, things I needed to know. "What are you hiding?" I whispered to no one in peticular.

"Nothing." Replied a voice that could only be Lilly's; it was soft and sweet with a calming quality to it.

"Oh sorry," I laughed trying to brush it off, " I was talking to myself." I said turning to face her as she took a seat to the right of me.

"That wouldn't be the first," declared Maddison as she strutted towards the table from behind me.

"Hardy har har guys." I fake laughed at them only to make us all burst into a bucket of giggles. When we finally calmed down and all that was left was smiles we told each other about our weekend.

"It was the same old same old," stated Maddison. "Dad got drunk, because mom left him and he said it was all my fault. Then he drank even more and took our toaster on a walk."

" Wait!!! Woah woah woah, hold up now, he did what?" Exclaimed Lilly.

"Yeah. He took the toaster from the kitchen and named it Fru Fru. Frank," she said using his first name, "walked out the door with it and started treating it like a dog. When I woke up I found him asleep with it in the recliner."

"Thats an improvement," commented Lilly, "last time he was face down in the front yard."

"True." Smiled Maddison, her choppy shoulder length layered dyed black hair bobbed up and down as she agreed. Her eyes widened alittle bit as
Lilly talked about her perfect weekend. Her deadly green eyes looked like emerals from where I sat. Though she was fifteen, like me, she was shorter by almost a head.

Lilly explained how her aunt came over and made her famous spaggatti and meatballs with goey brownies that left my mounth watering at the descripion. "Then we left town and went shopping at the city." She exclaimed. "I bought this dress." She said showing off her new summerish pink dress that seemed to flow. She wore a denim jacket over it, so it would be school approperit. It complemented her figure and went along great with her short layered light brown hair that had to be clipped back because the bangs were a little too long. It was original cut at chin length, but seemed to be growing fast because it was getting close shoulder length. Her eyes were a hazel brown to match her hair, and she was almost as tall as me, but a year younger.

It was now my turn to share so I started with, " I got grounded for sneaking out."

Of course as you would expect I got gasps in response. "Did you sneak out and hang out with Jackson?" Maddison shrugged her eyebrows at me without missing a beat. "Because it looks as though he fances you."

"Nobody says fances anymore and no I just went to the park and hung out." I responded knowing it was a bad lie.

"Yeah sure," said Lilly, "tell us what really happened Casey."

"Yeah Cas," chimed in Maddison.

"Okay okay okay!" I exclaimed getting them to stop. " I snuck out and ran off into the forest. I ran into some weird forest kids and then started to hallucenate...."

"Okay Cas we got it." Maddison remarked cutting me off. "Its none of our buisness. If you don't want to tell us now its okay."

"Sorry guys I promise I'll tell you someday," I said trying to laugh off some of their disappointment, though it sounded fake.

"You better." Smiled Maddison.

I looked at Lilly to see what she thought, but she was in a deep thought.