[Ch. 02] What I Have

Yoshino Yuki.

They say she died at a tender age of 13.

They also say her death was caused by an angel.

When she was 12, Yoshino caught a cold. Thinking that it was caused by the chilly weather, she stayed at home. Unfortunately, it lasted for more than a week, and she started to have bouts of fainting and vomiting. Doctors diagnose Yoshino with a severe case of the flu and decided to keep her in the hospital. They were befuddled when she started to forget memories of her family when they visited her. It was only after two weeks when the doctors realize that they are dealing with a new type of virus.

By this time, reports of this virus that erases memories circulated in Japan and then around the world. Yoshino's parents designed a website to let the world know her status. Countless people prayed for this girl that they never met. Concerned leaders set money to help her parents out.

One lab took it upon itself to find a solution, a cure for this new threat. People all around the world waited in suspense for their report.

Four months into the sickness, Yoshino start to have internal bleeding. The virus have already spread, weakening her immune system, and creating a tumor in her heart. She was then transferred to different hospitals, waiting for the cure promised by the lab.

After a month of waiting in agony, the lab reports came back.

There is no cure for it.

Her body was completely possessed by the virus, and no known medicine were able to heal her dying body.

Although they were not able to find anything to cure her, they did find out that if she doodle, her memory loss can be reversed--temporary.

Many people visited Yoshino to cheer her up after hearing about her dying state. When she was healthy, Yoshino was a popular and kind girl in school. Even after being hospitalized, she still remain active in her community to the best of her ability, treating everyone who visited her with an angel-like kindness and keeping up a positive attitude towards life. Her friends, who visit to comfort her, often end up being comforted instead.

Her last days were spent paralyzed in a ICU, her drawing pad ever present in hand.

When Yoshino Yuki closed her eyes for the last time on April 16, 201X, the virus, codenamed TERMKILL, took its first victim's life.

Everyone will tell you that she died with a peaceful smile. Some even said that she look like an angel returning to Heaven, hence the nickname for the virus: <Death Angel>

The funeral was held in the hospital, only six months after she got sick.

It was a sad ending to a innocent young life. But <Death Angel> wasn't satisfied yet.

Young students all around the world began to contract this strange virus.

All of them died in the same pattern as Yoshino: They catch a prolonged cold, vomiting and fainting are common side effects; they start losing memories of people around them; tumors appear in their hearts, blocking blood circulation and causing cancer-like symptoms; then the body's nerve system is disabled, paralyzing and finally ending the life of the patient.

More than thirty thousand has succumbed to <Death Angel's> power by the end of the year.

Because of the attention gained on this disease and its horrifying results, the hospital renamed itself Yuki Memorial Hospital in honor of her, and expanded and focused the facility to offer a place for those infected by <Death Angel> and to find a final solution for this outbreak.

They found out, after millions of dollars spent on researching its attack patterns, that <Death Angel> is not contagious.

Even so, scientists still haven't find a cure to stop this "Angel of Death" from claiming the lives of innocent children.

Now, three years after this event, it is estimated that one out of a hundred kids under 18 years old will die by <Death Angel's> hands.

I am also in danger of becoming a victim.

Actually, my luck ran out two years ago.

I am one of them.

Yet, I should be thankful, because I was given an experimental drug--it has let me lived one and a half more years than I normally could.

But... I'm still going to die.

That was one thing that will not change.

When I moved into this hospital, I was promised three things:

Death, a short life, and lots of pain.

That is what I have.

Hello again! I hope you enjoy this story so far! I wanted to try out a different style of storytelling, so #314 was born! (Actually, it was born in a car ride to the beach. Don't ask, it just came to me then) Anyways, I will be taking a short break from updating, so until then, robonxt ou---<CONNECTION LOST>