Prologue

~3rd Person's P.O.V~

"Mama...Papa...the thunder's scaring me..." a young (Y/n) thinks out loud. He hops out of his bed and tiptoes to his parent's bedroom. They weren't there. He hears screaming. It was his mother's voice. A little scared, (Y/n) quietly creeps down the stairs. He sees his mother being killed with dark magic. His father was already on the floor, his lifeless body in a pool of blood. "Right, that's the (L/n) family dead. Who else was on the list?" Dark Mage #1 asks Dark Mage #2. "I think that was all. We'll finally get our payment." After they leave (Y/n) runs to his parents. "Mama! Papa! Wake up! Please! Wake up!" (T/n) screams, tears streaming his face. "Oi! You hear a kid's voice?" "Nobody ever told me they got a kid." "Let's check it out." (Y/n) runs to the back of a couch. "Must've been hearing things. I don't see anything." "Let's go then!"

To be safe (Y/n) goes through the back door and runs. He runs until his legs are numb. He eventually makes contact with a forest made of gold. "P-pretty..." He says in awe. He sits against a golden tree stump and cries. He eventually falls asleep.

(Y/n) wakes up in a cave. He rubs his eyes. "W-where am I?" "You're inside a cave." A dragon made of what appeared to be pure gold says. (Y/n) yelps in surprise and falls off the bed. "Sorry for startling you." "W-who are you?" "My name is Celestia. What is yours?" "(Y-Y/n)." "How did you find my golden forest?" Celestia asks as her bright pink eyes study (Y/n) intently. (Y/n) explains his story. "So when I ran away I found my way here. I didn't even look where I was running I just ran." "I think the stars must have guided you here." (Y/n) starts crying. "Let it all out, child. It'll do you a world of good." After (Y/n) finishes crying Celestia continues. "I want to help you." "Y-you do?" Celestia nods. "I'll teach you Magic." (Y/n) blinks at Celestia. "Magic?" "It is a way of life for most. It will be your way of life as well." (Y/n) wipes his tears and smiles. "Okay! I'll learn Magic!"

~Timeskip~

It was July 7th, year 777. When (Y/n) woke up, Celestia wasn't there. "C-Celestia! Where are you?!" The boy yells. There was no answer. "Celestia please! Don't..." He started tearing up. "Don't leave me... I don't wanna be alone..." He started crying.

(Y/n) wondered around the forest, hoping he would find Celestia. But he didn't. While he was running he tripped on a rock and landed on his face. He curled into a ball and cried again. "Get up." A harsh voice instructed him. He got up and met the dark eyes of a man with black hair. "W-who are you?" The young boy asks. "My name is Ivan. What is yours?" "(Y-Y/n)..." The boy replies. "And why are you in this forest?" Tears well up in his eyes once more. "M-my friend Celestia disappeared. Have you seen her?" Ivan raises an eyebrow. "Is Celestia not a Dragon?" The boy nods. "I see...so you must be a Dragon Slayer." "Y-yeah..." "My boy, I do not think Celestia will be returning." "What do you mean?!" He yells. "She abandoned you. She doesn't want you anymore." "That can't be true. You're lying!" The tears continue flowing from the young boy. "Come with me, (y/n). Come to Raven Tail. I'll mould you into the strongest wizard the world has ever seen." "But I need to find Cele-" "Didn't I tell you, child?! Your Dragon is not coming back! Should you choose to stay here you'll die in a matter of days! I am saving your life!" Ivan shouts at the quivering (h/c)ette. The young (h/c)ette stared at the man. He didn't know if he should trust him. But he knew he had no choice. (Y/n) followed Ivan.

~Timeskip~

It was August 15th, year 778. (Y/n) knew he had made a mistake. Ivan had trained the poor little boy harshly. Every error (Y/n) made resulted in a beating. He couldn't take it anymore, so he attempted to escape. He didn't get very far. He stopped at a forest to catch his breath. And that's when he saw it. A big egg. Curiosity got the best of him, so he proceeded to the egg. And, at his touch, the egg hatched. Out came a white furred kitten. The little boy held it, a big smile etched onto his face. He stood up, looking for the kitten's parents. But nobody was around. Nobody but him, the kitten and- "(Y/N)!" A familiar voice screamed. Said boy trembled, fearing for his and the newborn feline's life. Ivan appeared in front of him in a matter of seconds, his face red with rage. The man grabs little (Y/n)'s arm in a harsh manner. "O-ow! Master Ivan! You're hurting me!" The man looks at (Y/n) with menacing eyes. "You little brat! How DARE you try and escape! You will be punished for this!" And Ivan did just that. Dozens of bruises could be seen on the sniffling (h/c)ette's usually soft (s/t) skin. He was to be locked inside his bedroom for 1 full week. With nothing to eat or drink. That, along with the beatings, was to be his punishment. The only good thing, (Y/n ) thought, that came out of this was that he was able to keep the newborn kitten. Said kitten opened his big (s/f/c) eyes, only to be met with a sobbing (Y/n). The kitten got up and managed to waddle towards the little boy's direction. Said boy looked at the young cat in curiosity. "What'cha doing, little guy?" The kitten landed on the boy's lap. The boy stroked the kitten's fur, making it purr. "I think you need a name. Do you have anything in mind?" "Rukaku!" Were the words that left the (f/c) furred kitten's mouth. The little boy was shocked the kitten could speak, but realized he shouldn't be, as the feline was hatched from an egg. "Rukaku? Rukasu, Lukasu...oh I got it! Lucas! Is Lucas okay?" The kitten nods. For the first time in a long time, (Y/n) laughs. "Great! My name is (Y/n)!"