is he okay?

Kelly pov:
We saw the black figure run out of the bathroom my first instinct was to protect  gabby, I leaned over head and just watched as the person ran out.
I ran into the bathroom and saw Matt laying on the floor in a small pool of blood holding his side.
Gabby: MATT?
Gabby: IS HE OKAY? KELLY??
all I heard was gabby yelling.
Kelly: GABBY PAGE HALSTEAD NOW.
Then I heard the alarm in the room go off and a nurse and halstead ran in.
Halstead: what's going on?
Gabby: ITS MATT? I C-NT PLEASE HELP HIM.
I heard gabby freaking out.
I stood up and walked out of the bathroom to give halstead and the nurses space. I walked over to gabby
Gabby: is that?
I looked down at my hands and saw them covered in blood.
Gabby: Kelly what-is he- the blood.
I saw her freaking out, she barley could breathe. I grabbed a towel and wiped my hands and sat on the edge of the bed and held gabby in my arms.
The the doctors got him on a bed and rolled him out without saying anything to us.
Kelly; he's going to be okay.
She just cried more in my arms... Once I felt like she was starting to calm down, I stood up and she wiped her face and looked at me
Kelly: I'm going to go see what's going on
Then I felt a pull and a hand on mine, gabby grabbed my hand
Kelly: I'm stepping right outside the door
She let got of my hand and he walked to the door.
---------------------------------------------
Gabby pov:
I watched kelly as he tried to find someone to talk to but everyone was still running around like crazy, it was dark, it was cold and i just needed Matt.
Kelly walked back into the room and walked over and sat down in the seat next to the bed.
Gabby: Matt?
He shook his head
Kelly: I couldn't find anything out, they're so busy out there.
Gabby: he has to be alright..
Kelly: he will be gabby, just take a deep breath and calm down it'll all be alright okay?
He grabbed my hand and I nodded. I felt my eyes getting heavier and I ended up laying down and closing my eyes.
Couple hours later-
Gabby: Matt.
I jumped up and sat up fast, it was still pitch dark and even colder. I looked over and saw Kelly asleep in the chair next to the bed. It's was only 11 but it just felt so much later. Couple minutes later halstead walked into the room. I shook Kelly and he woke up
Halstead: so about Matt
Gabby: please tell me he's okay
Halstead: he is, he's fine. He was stabbed on the right side, it wasn't that deep so it didn't puncture anything major. He didn't need any surgery or anything like that, we stitched him up and he's resting right next door.
Gabby: can he come in here?
I looked at him
Gabby: please...
Halstead: okay, yes i assume so. I'll go get him now.
Halstead comes back with Matt and I automatically gained a smile when I saw him, he walked over and sat on the edge of the bed and hugged me.
Matt: I'm okay gabs
I pulled away and he wiped the tear falling down my cheek
Matt: really everything is okay.
Halstead: before you two get some rest, there is security outside... I can send them in to talk to you or you can just tell me and I can let them know what happened...
He looked at us
Halstead: Matt?
Matt: I just went into the bathroom to get blankets and I fell to the floor and everything went black, I didn't see anything..
He nodded and I looked away
Halstead: gabby?
Gabby: I just heard the crash in the bathroom and a dark figure ran out.. Kelly covered me so I didn't see anything but it sounded like a women..
Halstead: Kelly?
Kelly: my first instinct was to cover gabby and that's what I did. We had no idea what happened in the bathroom. I heard a woman's voice but after she ran out i ran to the bathroom where Matt was. It was to dark to see anything.
He nodded at us
Halstead: alright you guys, need sleep and a lot of it. Now please.... Matt you can stay in here, just please get rest.
We both nodded and agreed with the doctor and he walked out. Kelly ended up falling asleep not to long after. I moved over and Matt laid down next to me.
Gabby: you scared me..
Matt: I know and I'm sorry.. But we are both okay, that's all that matters now.
Gabby: just don't scare me like that..ever again okay?
I cupped his face in my hands
Matt: I won't I promise
He kissed me, and i kissed him back
I nodded in agreement and rested my head on his shoulder
Gabby: did you see who it was?
I looked up at him and saw him look down at me.
He shook his head and I sat up a little bit
Gabby: I feel like I'm just going crazy, but it really sounded like Linda Matt..
Matt: hey...
He looked at me
Matt: Linda is gone, she's away for a long time for what she did to you. You don't have to worry about her anymore. You're safe. Im safe. Everything is okay...
He pulled me back into his arms and we laid together, I rested my head on his shoulder
Matt: everything is alright now...
He rubbed my shoulder and kissed the top of my head and we both fell asleep.
*next morning*
I woke up to a light knock on I opened my eyes and rolled over to face the door, I saw sleepy Kelly getting up out of the chair and walking to the door. He opened it and two cops walked in.
I shook Matt go wake up
Gabby: Matt...
Matt: yeah what? I'm awake
He sat up slowly and then noticed why i woke him up.
Kelly: can we help you guys...
Cop: no, but we were just coming by to let you guys know something..
Gabby: please don't say it......
I looked down and Matt put his arm on my shoulder, I looked up at him and he just looked confused
Matt: gab?
Gabby: Linda is out.
I looked at Matt and then back at the cops and they nodded.
Cop: she escaped last night during transport when the storm hit.
Matt: you didn't think it was a good idea to let us know... To call or get in contact with us and tell us she was out
Cops: the phone lines were down, we tried calling but couldn't get through
Matt: you could have came here and told us in person then
Cop: yeah but there was no way we were getting anywhere, the roads were horrible and still are.
Then I just felt anger building up inside of me. Them pushing it off like it was no big deal, then I just broke.
Gabby: ITS YOUR JOB TO PROTECT, YOU LET A LADY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL US GET AWAY.... WERE NOT SAFE AND ITS YOUR FAULT.
I screamed and yelled at the cops
Matt: gabby..
He grabbed my hand but i pulled away and just looked at the cops infront of me with disgust.
Gabby: MATT WAS HURT BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS.
I looked down and away with disappointment.
Cop: what?
Gabby: oh you don't know.. Well someone stopped by during the power outage yesterday and stabbed Matt. Wanna bet it was Linda. Exact words to me were "told you this would happen", exactly what she said when she had me, so it has to had been her. So now, you guys need to go find her and put her the hell away...
I took a deep breath and just looked away
Cops: alright, we are going to find her, but until then we are going to have a detailed police officer with you at all times.
Gabby: like that's going to do anything..
I looked up
Cops: we'll let you know if we find anything out..
Then they exited the room, Kelly put on his jacket
Matt: you're leaving?
Kelly: yeah, shift.. Let me know if anything comes up with the case, or if you guys need anything at all. I'll talk to you guys soon?
Matt: yeah, thank you for everything, drive safe out there.
He walked over and hugged me and smiled before he walked out. Then to break the silence Matt spoke.
Matt: gabby, you know it wasn't those cops fault..
Gabby: but still, they shouldn't have cops on the damn job who can't even do their fucking jobs. I'm sick and tired of it always falling back on me.. On us. Like with Derek being released when he wasn't supposed to be, he'd still be alive, neither of us would be in a hospital and maybe.. Just maybe i wouldn't be so miserable and actual be able to enjoy my damn life.
Matt: gabs...
I looked up at him and shook my head
Gabby: I'm sorry.. Im just so frustrated about all of this.
Matt: I know babe
Gabby: what happened to you shouldn't have happened, and I'm sorry about that to.
Matt: you have nothing to be sorry about, it's not your fault.
She nodded in agreement and just looked at me
Gabby: how are you feeling?
Matt: really, it doesn't hurt. I feel fine
Gabby: that's good Matt..
Matt; how does your leg feel?
I shrugged and looked at him
Gabby: I'll live..
Matt:ga-
Then halstead walked in.
Halstead: how are you guys feeling today?
I nodded and looked at Matt
Gabby: better I guess... Can we go home?
Halstead: yeah, I'm going to send you both home but there is rules. Matt you're not going to be able to lift anything over 20pounds for the next week, which means NO WORK.
Matt shook his head in agreement
Halstead: and gabby, in about a week I want you to make an appointment with me and so I can check that leg out and then we'll go from there.. Please don't try and put pressure on it, it'll hurt and the less pressure the faster it'll heal okay?
Gabby: okay..
Halstead: I just need you both to sign these papers and then I'll be back and you both will be set!
We both agreed and signed the papers he handed us, couple minutes later halstead came back into the room with a nurse and a wheel chair.
Halstead: all set?
Gabby: yeah.
Halstead helped me into the wheel chair since I couldn't really walk right yet.
Matt pulled his truck around to the front of the hospital and I got in and we drove back to matts place.
-----------------------------------------
Matt pov;
we finally were able to leave the hospital, I'm feeling so much better, little sore though, the doctor said no lifting for at least another week.
We finally get back to my place. I hope out of the truck and walk around to gabby's side and open the door for her, I volunteer to help her but she ignore my hand and just goes inside.
Gabby looks like she's in a lot of pain, she's limping and just doesn't look comfortable but she's being gabby and not talking to me about it.
We both get inside
Matt: hey gabs, why don't you sit down on the couch, take the pressure off of your leg...
She agreed and sat down on the couch
Matt: maybe instead of going all the way upstairs tonight we can just sleep down here, it'll be easier for you..
Gabby; yeah sure.
Matt: alright, I'm going to go get changed and grab some blankets and pillows do you want me to grab you anything?
Gabby: sweatpants and a tank top to sleep in, please
Matt: yeah of course that's it?
She nodded
Matt: alright, I'll be back down!
I climbed the stairs to the bedroom and piled the pillows and blankets on the bed, I changed into sweatpants and a tshirt and grabbed gabby's cloths and then grabbed the pillow and blankets and carried them downstairs I put everything down on the chair and handed gabby her cloths.
how about you get dressed and I'll make some dinner?
Gabby: okay!
Matt: anything special you want tonight?
Gabby: doesn't matter, you make whatever you want
Matt: ill surprise you
I cracked a big smile her way and walked to the kitchen.
Time to make gabby's favorite, grilled cheese and tomato soup!
I started cooking and then a little while later I felt arms wrap around my stomach, I cracked a smile and turned around. Gabby just rested her head on my chest and hugged me, I was confused why she was hugging me hug at the same time i really didn't care because I loved her hugs.
Matt: you alright babe?
I saw her shrug and looked up at me
Gabby: can we just talk later
I nodded at her and just hugged her tighter
Matt: of course, hey I'm making your favorite
I smiled down at her and saw her crack a smile, i knew i smelt something amazing
I smiled again
Matt: alright how about we eat and watch a movie together?
Gabby: sounds good, ill go pick a movie while you finish?
Matt: yes sounds great!
I saw gabby limp out of kitchen and into the living room, I finished up the grilled cheese and the tomato soup, I put it all on a tray, I grabbed two waters and carried it all out to the living room where gabby was waiting for me. I sat down next to her, she pressed play to the movie and we just started eating.
Eventually we started to finish up, the movie was close to ending and gabby moved closer to me.
matt: wanna go upstairs baby?
she nodded into my chest
matt: alright head upstairs, i'll meet you up there.
gabby; okay
gabby grabbed her phone and water off the table and i saw her walk towards the stairs. i grabbed the empty plates and bowls and brought them and placed them in the sink.
i turned off all of the lights off, locked the door and walked upstairs to the bed room where gabby was already asleep.
i changed into pj pants and a tshirt and laid down next to her in the bed. i pulled the covers up over her and pulled her into my arms, i kissed the back of her head and wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes.