everything felt so right

Gabby pov:
I stood up and grabbed her hand and we climbed the stairs and packed our bags and got dressed. About an hour later we were all set and we got into matts truck and drove down to the lake.
We got into the truck and Matt started to drive towards the lake. We stopped at a red light, i reached for his hand and just held it. He looked over at me.
Gabby: I swear everytime I look at you a wave of calmness comes over me.
he cracked a smile and then someone started honking behind us Matt focused back on the road and kept driving. An hour and half later we finally arrived to the cabin and the lake.
We got out of the truck and Matt grabbed the bags and walked into the cabin. Matt put out bags down on the table in the dining area of the cabin and then walked over to me
Matt: it's beautiful isn't it?
I nodded and looked at him
Gabby: thank you so much for this
He smiled at me and kissed me. he grabbed my hand and my bag and we walked into the cabin, after we got all situated we made some breakfast.
i walked over to matt and wrapped my arms around his waste as he flipped the pancakes.
gabby: look at my man, making pancakes and bacon
matts: it's your favorite.
gabby: you're my favorite
i leaned up and kissed him for a couple seconds and then pulled away.
gabby: i think you're burning the food
i giggled and he turned around.
matt: i blame it on you
he said flipping the bacon and turned around pointing the spatula at me jokingly.
gabby: yeah yeah yeah.
i walked over to the other counter, grabbed two mugs and poured coffee and placed them at the table and sat down next to matt.
we are our breakfast while deciding what to do today.
matt: we can do anything you want!
gabby: what would you suggest?
matt: ANYTHING!! movies? fishing?
gabby: let's go fishing. or out on the boat.
matt; really?
i nodded and smiled
he smiled really big and bit his bacon. we finished up and got dressed and ready for fishing. it was cold, we put our coats on, gloves, hats and boots.
matt: all ready?
gabby: yes, yes i am.
i pulled my hat down and he leaned in and kissed me.
little while passed and we were sitting on the boat, i was sitting in matts arms and he was just holding me.
gabby: this is really nice
matt: what?
gabby: just everything, being here, with you, happy for once.
matt leaned down and kissed my cheek
matt: it is nice, isn't it.
he wrapped his arms around me tighter, i just felt so incredibly safe in his arms, i could stay like this forever. everything in the world just felt so much better.
The hours passed while we were fishing, finally decided to head back because it was getting darker, matt got out of the boat first, he grabbed my hand and helped me out. we got inside the cabin and matt started a fires
Gabby: I'm going to go shower, I smell like dirty lake water
I giggled
matt: sounds like a plan!
I climbed the stairs and walked to the bathroom attached to the bedroom. I started the water and grabbed a towel, I got undressed and then hopped into the shower. I was facing the head of the shower when I suddenly felt really cold hands around around me.
I turned around and it was Matt, in the shower, with me. I looked at him as the warm water was running down the side of my face. He grabbed my face gently and pulled me into a kiss. We finished washing up and then got out and wrapped the towels around ourselves. We put some clothes on and sat down on the edge of the bed.
matt: did you have fun today?
i nodded and looked at him
Gabby: thank you.. For doing all of this for me.
Matt: of course gabby
He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. he grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs, made a couple sandwiches, and hot chocolate and laid down on the couch in front of the fire and under the blanket together. i rested my head matts chest and he was playing with my hair . i looked up and smiled at him looking at me.
matt: what
he giggled
gabby: everything just feels so right, right now.
i smiled and nuzzled my head into his chest again and we both eventually fell asleep.
Next morning i wake up and matts wasn't there. I sat up and looked around the room and didn't see him anywhere. I got up and grabbed my sweatshirt and put it on.
I walked out and into the kitchen to see matt cooking breakfast. I walked in and wrapped my arms around his waist.
Gabby: look at my man making breakfast, isn't he the best.
He turned around and looked down at me
Matt: hey there beautiful
Gabby: morning
I smiled and snuggled into his chest as he hugged me.
The rest of the Couple days ended up going by really fast, before we knew it, it was time to go back home. We packed our things grabbed out bags and headed back to the apartment. We got back and just unpacked our things and then relaxed on the couch.
Matt: shift is tomorrow
Gabby: yeah I know..
He looked down at me and rubbed my back
Matt: you ready for it?
Gabby: actually I think I am.. You were right. I needed some time and I got it thanks to you. I'm ready to go back to work. I love my job and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
He smiled at me and then hugged me tightly. I pulled the blanket up over myself and we both ended up falling asleep on the couch together.
*next morning*
Both of our alarms went off at the same time. We both sat up on the couch and reached for our phones that were on the side table and turned them off, then looked at eachother.
Matt: ready for today?
Gabby: as ready as I'll ever be....
Matt smiled at me and then we both got up and got ready for shift, and headed to the firehouse.
-------------------------------------------------------
this was a boring short chapter but i decided to let them both be happy for one chapter, the next will be up really soon!!
hope you all enjoy!