She nodded absentmindedly. "I have to ask, Kendall. Why are you telling us this? You seemed pretty adamant to keep him safe."

"It's complicated. Half of me feels loyal to him, but the other half is already loyal to you guys. The story he told me... It just didn't add up to me. What he said about you guys... it doesn't make sense with how I've been treated."

"What exactly did he tell you about us?" Finnian added.

He moved back to the chair and sat down. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down into his lap. I didn't fight it. His touch comforted me and right then, I needed all the comfort I could get. I was about to out the one person who'd helped me through the toughest time in my life. So I just cuddled into his lap, resting my head on his chest. 

"He said that he saved me from you. That you tried to kill me."

He growled again, his chest vibrating against my head. I pulled back warily, but he just held me close and eventually calmed down. "I would never hurt you." He promised.

"I know. That's one reason why I didn't believe him. You can be an asshole sometimes, but I don't believe you'd hurt me."

"What was the story behind that?" Kat questioned, curiosity in her voice.

"Okay, so, apparently I really am his sister. He said that other werewolves killed my parents, his parents found me and took me in. That I'm really a human, raised by werewolves. The one thing you were honest about was that I'm your mate. You were with the real Kendall Keating before you met me. You were still in love with her and only stayed with me to have a baby. You tricked me into falling in love with you. Kendall tried to kill me out of jealousy and I killed her first, with wolfsbane. When you found out, you wanted me dead. He got to me before you could kill me, but you were able to injure me. Ivaylo said he took my memories to protect me because I was so devastated about what happened. That I tried to kill myself when I woke up. He broke the bond between us to protect me from you."

"That's absolutely insane. First, werewolves can't mate with humans, only other supernatural species. You can ask any werewolf to verify that. And if we wanted you dead, why are you still alive?"

"I believe you. I didn't know about the werewolf humans thing, but I thought the same thing about why you've left me alive. Ivaylo said that you still wanted me to have your baby, so that you would have an heir, but I just didn't believe that. And it made me suspicious that when I asked for my memories back, he could only do it once he had me away from here. It just didn't add up." I paused. "You have to realize how hard this is for me. I know what this means. I know what you're going to do to Ivaylo if you find him. But I had to pick a side. I hope I picked the right one. As much as I love Ivaylo, he should have to answer for doing this to me. I'm starting to believe that maybe that love I have for him was planted in my head. As devastating as it is, I'm scared that it's all fake."

"I know this is difficult, baby. I'm here to help you through it. I'll do whatever I can to help you learn to truth. To help you get yourself back."

"I know. I trust you."

"Can you tell us more about him?" Kat asked after giving us a few seconds.

"I'll tell you everything I know. His name is Ivaylo Petrov. When I woke up in the hospital, I was scared and hurt. I didn't remember anything about myself. He was there. He calmed me down. Explained that he was my brother. I had no reason not to believe him. I was in the hospital for a week. He was there every day, supporting me and telling me about myself. He told me that I was a waitress in the city, I had moved away from him after our parents died in a car crash. I went hiking sometimes and that's when I got attacked. I had an ID and the hospital called him.