Chapter 23

The late night job Jax and the others had to do only took a couple hours, but by the time he was back home Andy was fast asleep in their bed. Jax stood by the door, watching her sleep peacefully thinking it was stupid of him to think Hale was any competition. But it didn't mean he was going to let Hale look at his woman like that.

Or disrespect him to her.

Andy woke up early, wanting to be at the hospital for Abel's breakfast feeding, she looked over at Jax who looked exhausted and was sound asleep, his arms wrapped around her waist. She looked over at the clock and slowly got out of bed. Hoping to not disturb Jax as he slept, she didn't even hear when he came into bed so it had to have been early morning.

"We have a problem." Gemma said walking into the neonatal while Andy sat in the rocking chair feeding Abel his breakfast. His eyes were bright and she knew it looked like he wanted to play with her, not go back to sleep.

"What is it? Tara?" Andy asked.

"The junkie's awake and out of ICU." Gemma said seriously. Andy was not sure how to react to that, she had never met Wendy. She didn't know what her role was in this. She and Jax still hadn't had that talk about what was going to happen when she went back to Toronto next week. She knew, she thought Jax knew too, they just didn't really talk and say this is what was going to happen.

"Does she want to see Abel?" Andy asked.

"Yes, and Jax." Gemma told her matter of factly. "You need to go in there and tell her that she can't have your man or your son."

Her son, Andy thought as she looked down at Abel. His trusting bright blue eyes staring back at her.

"Shouldn't that be something you and Jax. do? I have no idea what the custody arrangements are."

"I'll go in there and kill her, that would be my solution." Gemma stated to her seriously. As Andy realized she had to deal with this right now before Gemma did just that.

"I'll go talk to Jax, you want to spend time with your grandson?" Andy asked smiling down at him.

"Always."

Andy left the hospital calling the home number and nobody answering. She figured that Jax had to have gone to TM or be in the clubhouse. Taking off there she had no idea how to lay down the law to Jax's ex-wife. To be honest she was scared to meet her. She knew she had nothing to worry about in relations to Jax. But she was Abel's mother and she had rights there.

She got to TM pulling into the parking spot next to the line of bikes. Seeing Hale's cop car again in the lot.

Crap, she thought she didn't need this right now and Jax was probably still pissed from last night. She got out of her car seeing that Jax was standing next to Hale's cop car and he wasn't happy.

"Why are you here?" Jax asked Hale, not even bothering to be pleasant or hide his displeasure of him showing up again. Chibs and Tig saw Jax's stance and knew he could fly off the handle at any moment. So they stood behind their brother waiting in case he needed them.

They also just saw Andy pull in, which could either help or hinder this situation.

"Just wanted to make sure nothing was going on, since the call yesterday." Hale said. Jax didn't believe it all, he believed Hale showed up hoping that Drea would be around. Which out of the corner of his eye saw that she was, noticing her pull into the lot.

Andy just sighed and realized the best way to handle this was to walk up and deal with it head on. She walked over to Hale and Jax, standing next to Jax.

"Hey." She said smiling at him then looking at Hale who stared at them in shock.

"Something we can help you with Officer Hale?" Andy asked nicely while Hale just stared at the two of them standing side by side. Not understanding why she still sided with and protected this guy.